function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kyle Johnson 46Kyle Johnson 46 

Visualforce Component Help

Hi all,
I am working on some code for a visual force component for our invoicing through FinancialForce. I am running into an issue with my code saying the following:
Error: Incorrect parameter type for function 'not()'. Expected Boolean, received Text

The only things I have changed in the code are the following lines from this:

<apex:outputText rendered="{!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.Name!=''}" escape="false">
                        {!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.Name}<br/>
                    </apex:outputText>
                    ATTN:
                    <apex:outputText rendered="{!salesInvoice.Finance_Contact__c!=''}" escape="false">
                            {!salesInvoice.Finance_Contact__c}<br/>
                    <apex:outputText rendered="{!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.BillingStreet!=''}" escape="false">
                        {!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.BillingStreet}<br/>
                    <apex:outputText rendered="{!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.BillingCity!=''}" escape="false">
                        {!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.BillingCity}
                    <apex:outputText rendered="{!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.BillingState!=''}" escape="false">
                        {!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.BillingState}
                    <apex:outputText rendered="{!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.BillingPostalCode!=''}" escape="false">
                        {!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.BillingPostalCode}
                    <apex:outputText rendered="{!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.BillingCountry!=''}" escape="false">{!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.BillingCountry}</apex:outputText>

To this:

<apex:outputText rendered="{!If(!salesInvoice.Agency__c=Null,!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.BillingStreet!='',!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.Parent.BillingStreet!='')}" escape="false">
                        {!If(!salesInvoice.Agency__c=Null,!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.BillingStreet!='',!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.Parent.BillingStreet!='')}<br/>
                    <apex:outputText rendered="{!If(!salesInvoice.Agency__c=Null,!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.BillingCity!='',!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.Parent.BillingCity!='')}" escape="false">
                        {!If(!salesInvoice.Agency__c=Null,!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.BillingCity!='',!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.Parent.BillingCity!='')}<br/>
                    <apex:outputText rendered="{!If(!salesInvoice.Agency__c=Null,!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.BillingState!='',!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.Parent.BillingState!='')}" escape="false">
                        {!If(!salesInvoice.Agency__c=Null,!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.BillingState!='',!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.Parent.BillingState!='')}<br/>
                    <apex:outputText rendered="{!If(!salesInvoice.Agency__c=Null,!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.BillingCountry!='',!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.Parent.BillingCountry!='')}" escape="false">
                            {!If(!salesInvoice.Agency__c=Null,!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.BillingCountry!='',!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.Parent.BillingCountry!='')}<br/>

I have added the following components to my object Invoice:
Agency Address:

if(Agency__c= NULL,c2g__Account__r.BillingStreet + ' ' + c2g__Account__r.BillingCity + ' ' + c2g__Account__r.BillingState + ' ' + c2g__Account__r.BillingPostalCode + ' ' + c2g__Account__r.BillingCountry,c2g__Account__r.Parent.BillingStreet+' '+c2g__Account__r.Parent.BillingCity+' '+c2g__Account__r.Parent.BillingState+' '+c2g__Account__r.Parent.BillingCountry)

And that is working fine as a custom object but to get it to reflect on the pdf invoice I did what is listed above.
Essentially what I want it to do is to first check if in the object of the invoice look to see if there is an agency. If there is not an agency list the account's address. If there is an agency List the agency address.
Kyle Johnson 46Kyle Johnson 46
It appears on my end that in the changed lines part of my code is not showing:

<apex:outputText rendered="{!If(!salesInvoice.Agency__c=Null,!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.BillingStreet!='',!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.Parent.BillingStreet!='')}" escape="false">              {!If(!salesInvoice.Agency__c=Null,!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.BillingStreet!='',!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.Parent.BillingStreet!='')}<br/>

<apex:outputText rendered="{!If(!salesInvoice.Agency__c=Null,!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.BillingCity!='',!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.Parent.BillingCity!='')}" escape="false">                  {!If(!salesInvoice.Agency__c=Null,!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.BillingCity!='',!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.Parent.BillingCity!='')}<br/>

<apex:outputText rendered="{!If(!salesInvoice.Agency__c=Null,!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.BillingState!='',!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.Parent.BillingState!='')}" escape="false">                     {!If(!salesInvoice.Agency__c=Null,!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.BillingState!='',!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.Parent.BillingState!='')}<br/>

<apex:outputText rendered="{!If(!salesInvoice.Agency__c=Null,!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.BillingCountry!='',!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.Parent.BillingCountry!='')}" escape="false">                      {!If(!salesInvoice.Agency__c=Null,!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.BillingCountry!='',!salesInvoice.c2g__Account__r.Parent.BillingCountry!='')}<br/>
Hopefully, this shows all of it

DixitDixit
It may be that you are not using "==" to compare the value to null.