function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Abby Hayes Abby HayesAbby Hayes Abby Hayes 

Upsert error with workflow

I created a simple workflow to automatically opt contacts out of email, mailings, and phone calls when they're marked as deceased. I've tested it, and it's working well. 

However, I'm getting an error when I try to do a mass upsert to trigger the workflow on all those who are already marked as deceased. Here's what I did:

1. Pull down a list of everyone already marked deceased. List includes Contact ID and the Deceased field.
2. Used Data Loader to update the contacts, matched on ID. The update should trigger the workflow.
3. Out of 1,650 contacts, I had 65 successes. The rest errored. Here's the error message:

The record couldn’t be saved because it failed to trigger a flow. A flow trigger failed to execute the flow with version ID 30170000000bpoL. Flow error messages: <b>An unhandled fault has occurred in this flow</b><br>An unhandled fault has occurred while processing the flow.  Please contact your system administrator for more information.  Contact your administrator for help.

Not sure why it's erroring in the first place, or why it would have thrown up an error for some but not others? Help?
PRABHAKARAN CHOCKALINGAMPRABHAKARAN CHOCKALINGAM
I am sure you would have come across posts similar to this,
https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=9063A000000DapGQAS.

But please look at this, if it helps. Also could you post the email message and try looking at the debugs for the actual cause.
DixitDixit
I'm not getting what does the data loader upsert should do. What does it change?, or is just to fire the Workflow?