function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JeffreyStevensJeffreyStevens 

Change ownerID of an Account record to a customer community user

Can I change the ownerID of an Account record to a customer community user?

The standard user's have an id starting with 001, the community user's have a ID starting with 005.  And when I do try to assign the ownerID field to one of the 005 user ID's - I get the OP_WITH_INVALID_USER_TYPE_EXCEPTION error.

thoughts?
Best Answer chosen by JeffreyStevens
thanks.  Ya - I had been all of those links already.

I've discovered, that The community user can't own any of the CRM records.  They can have ACCESS to Account, etc - IF the OWD for security is Public Read/Write.  But if you have private for the security settings - you'll never get a Customer Community user to own one of the CRM records.  I assume this is why they have the Customer Community User Plus license - as it has Role based Permissions.  I assume that the Role based Permissions is what would allow the Customer Community User's to own those records. 

If I'm mistaken on any of this - please correct me - but this what I think at this point.

Thanks,

All Answers

thanks.  Ya - I had been all of those links already.

I've discovered, that The community user can't own any of the CRM records.  They can have ACCESS to Account, etc - IF the OWD for security is Public Read/Write.  But if you have private for the security settings - you'll never get a Customer Community user to own one of the CRM records.  I assume this is why they have the Customer Community User Plus license - as it has Role based Permissions.  I assume that the Role based Permissions is what would allow the Customer Community User's to own those records. 

If I'm mistaken on any of this - please correct me - but this what I think at this point.

Thanks,

This was selected as the best answer