function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mitchell McLaughlin 1Mitchell McLaughlin 1 

Multiple IDs on Account Owner via SOAP API Call

Hi -
I'm using soap api to call into salesforce to grab the account owner in one of my projects.
I want need to match it up with another record but the problem I'm having is that there is two different Id's and on some accounts it's sending an extended accuont owner id and on some it is sending a shorter one.
For example, one account owner sends the id as "a01j0000004rz0bAAA", which is the extended one and is exactly what it's looking for.
another account owner sends the id as "a01j000000IDetV" when it's looking for this extended ID, "a01j000000IDetVAAT"

Why is it in some cases it sends the extended and others it sends the shorter ID?

Thanks!
Mitchell
Mrmclaughli@qg.com

Amit Singh 1Amit Singh 1
Mitchell, 

By which you are sending Account ID to your web service means using any custom button, apex trigger, batch or something else?

Let us know so that we can help you :)

Thanks!
Mitchell McLaughlin 1Mitchell McLaughlin 1
Hi - outbound message. then once we receive the id via outbound message we have soap api setup to call back in to get these ids i'm speaking about
Amit Singh 1Amit Singh 1
Mitchell,

Did not work on Outbound message but can say if there is any way to query recordId and then set it to Outbound message then it will resolve your problem.

Let me know:)

Thanks!