function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Alvaro MattosAlvaro Mattos 

Module Service Cloud Macros - Create and Run Macros - I can't see Email Action on page layout.

Anyone facing trouble with Module Service Cloud Macros - Create and Run Macros?

I can't see Email Action on page layout. I got the same error of this link: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=Why-do-I-receive-an-error-running-the-Macro-saying-that-the-action-is-not-available&type=1&language=en_US

I found users claiming about similar question that seems to be the same issue on this link: https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000l1tPAAQ&sort=2

Kristina WilliamsonKristina Williamson
Hi Alvaro,

Go back to read about the Macro Prerequisites in the previous step.  It mentions "if you want to create and run macros that insert email templates into the email feed item in a case, then add the Email Publisher to the case page layout."  Before creating the macro in the service console, go to the Case Page Layout, and add the Email Action to the Publisher Actions section.

HTH
Hi Kristina,

First of all, thank you for trying to help me. Sorry if I wasn`t clear enough. I have done all recomendations like enable option on Cases -> Email-to-Case Settings, Cases -> Support Settings -> Enable Case Feed Actions and Feed Items, Chatter -> Enable Feed Tracking for Case Object, Chatter -> Chatter Settings -> Enable Actions in the Publisher. The Email Publisher (there are two as you can see on attached images) appear on Case Layout. I included both, but when I come back to Sample Console, no Email is available on list, only Post, File, Link and Poll. So, when I try to execute the Macro the issue appears and I can't complete the module.

User-added image

User-added image
User-added image
User-added image

Daniel Glaser 12Daniel Glaser 12
You used the "Send Email" try adding "Email"
Dear Daniel, thank you, but there is no Email option available on Quick Action Section of Case Layout Page to add.
Kristina WilliamsonKristina Williamson
The Email Action is sitting directly under the Change Status Action in the leftmost column of your Quick Actions choices.  I can see it in your screen shots.  Drag that one onto your Publisher Actions section on the Case page layout.
Kristina, on first and second images I tried to show before drag to Publish Section that there are two Send Emails button. I already drag and drop to Publish Section both and each one only and nothing happen. See on third image that there is a Send Email Button on Publish Area. Look this link, I guess that there is a issue: https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000l1tPAAQ&sort=2 
Christian PajotChristian Pajot
Alvaro, in order to show the Email publisher action in your layout, you need to enable the email-to-case. In Setup, got to Case | Email-to_case and then edit the form to enable the email-to-case.  When that is complete, go back to your layout and add the email quick action to your layout.
Christian, I already mention before to Kristina that I enabled require option on Email-to-Case. Actually, it seems to be a bug. 
Priscilla Lund 3Priscilla Lund 3
Alvaro, I was having this same problem - exact same error message on Slect Email Action in the macro.  Christian's post worked for me.  Like you I already had Email to Case enabled.  However, as Kristina pointed out, there was no Email action on my page layout.  This is also the last step Christian mentions to do.  I added the action to the Case page layout, ran the macro and everything then worked.

Thanks all for helping out with this issue, it was quite frustrating!!
email action on case page layout
Dear All, finally I got to attend the badge sucessful after delete existent SendEmail Action and insert a new one called Email. Thank you very much for your attention. I do appreciate your support.

User-added image

Dhiraj Mahal 8Dhiraj Mahal 8
Thank you guys for your help, its working now.
Marcos ValeMarcos Vale
I have a similar problem, but I can't see "Select Email Action" on New Macro's field "+Add Instruction". I have done all upper recommendations, includes "Email" action.
Can you help me?
User-added image
User-added image
ishwarya k 8ishwarya k 8
User-added image
can any one clear my confussion this is shown when i tried to incude email submit action in instructions  
i have enabled email-to case  also but still iam getting this error