function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sandra Rendel 7Sandra Rendel 7 

How to manage duplicated records in Salesforce IQ

I have about a list of 10000 contacts and I need to merge duplicate records, could you please guid eme
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Sandra,

Maintaining clean and accurate data is one of the most important things you can do to get the most out of Salesforce. Use Data.com duplicate management to control whether and when users can create duplicate records in Salesforce; customize the logic that’s used to identify duplicates; and create reports on duplicates that users save.

Here’s how duplicate management works:

When a user tries to save a new record, the record is first compared with existing Salesforce records to identify possible duplicates (1). The criteria used to compare records and identify the possible duplicates are defined by a matching rule. Next, a list of possible duplicates is returned (2). What happens when the record being saved is identified as a possible duplicate depends on what’s defined in the duplicate rule (3). For example, the duplicate rule could block users from saving the possible duplicate record or allow them to save it anyway. Both the Block and Allow options include an alert, which tells users why they can’t save the record and what to do about it. The Allow option includes the ability to report on the duplicate records.

When a user tries to save an edited record, the record is checked to see if the user has changed the value of a matching rule field. If so, the duplicate management process works as described for new records. If not, no further action is taken and duplicates are not detected.

For more information please check with below link from salesforce.

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=contacts_merge.htm&type=0
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=managing_duplicates_overview.htm&language=en_US&type=0

Please mark this as solved if the information helps so that it gets removed from the unanswered queue which results in helping others who are encountering a similar issue.

Best regards,
Nagendra.
Rahul_kumar123Rahul_kumar123
Hi Sandra,

Please refer the below link to merge duplicate records for contact in salesforceIQ. I hope it will be helpful.

BestRegards,
RahulKumar.
Sandra Rendel 7Sandra Rendel 7
Thanks for your help
My problem is that the nubmer of duplicated are too much and if I want to megrge this number of records it will take a long time