function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SAI CHARAN MADUGULASAI CHARAN MADUGULA 

Validation Rule for Checkboxes to mandate when they change the status picklist field to Completed

Hello All,

Can any one helpme on this Functionality

I have a 5 Checkboxes 
Completed_FieldActivation__c
Completed_FieldActivation1__c
Completed_FieldActivation2__c
Completed_FieldActivation3__c
Completed_FieldActivation4__c

And a there is One Status__c picklist Field,In that Picklist Value is "Completed".        
And RecordType.id = '012S00000000mUU'
I have to write a validation rule to to Mandate all the checkboxes must be checked when they change the status picklist Field to "Completed"

Error Message: All check boxes must be clicked in order to allow the Task Status to be “Complete”
Amit Singh 1Amit Singh 1
Hello,

Use below formula for Validation rule.
IF( AND(ISPICKVAL(Status__c, "Completed"),OR(Completed_FieldActivation__c==false,Completed_FieldActivation1__c==false,Completed_FieldActivation2__c==false,Completed_FieldActivation3__c==false,Completed_FieldActivation4__c==false)),true,false )
Let me know if this helps:)

Thanks!
Amit Singh

Sure Thanks Amit
Thanks Amit it is working Fine But,i have to add record type id aslo.
Amit Singh 1Amit Singh 1
Ok,
Use below formula,
IF( AND(ISPICKVAL(Status__c, "Completed"),RecordTypeId=='012S00000000mUU',OR(Completed_FieldActivation__c==false,Completed_FieldActivation1__c==false,Completed_FieldActivation2__c==false,Completed_FieldActivation3__c==false,Completed_FieldActivation4__c==false)),true,false )

Let me know if this helps and mark as best if this helps:)
Thanks!
Amit Singh
Thanks Amit

One Least and Final Question

I have to add one more picklist value in the same validation called ISPICKVAL(Status__c,"Cancelled") and i have to Add ISNEW().
Amit Singh 1Amit Singh 1
Ok Use below formula.
IF(AND(ISNEW(),OR(ISPICKVAL(Status__c, "Completed"),ISPICKVAL(Status__c, "Cancelled")),RecordTypeId=='012S00000000mUU',OR(Completed_FieldActivation__c==false,Completed_FieldActivation1__c==false,Completed_FieldActivation2__c==false,Completed_FieldActivation3__c==false,Completed_FieldActivation4__c==false)),true,false )
Let me know if this helps :)

Thanks!
Amit Singh
Thank You Very Much Amit..If i Have any Doubt i will Let you Know.