function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Avinash JanardhananAvinash Janardhanan 

Login Flow does not display image for other users

I have defined a custom object called MessageBoard and one of the fields on this object is a richtext field. I am displaying an image and some text in this field and displaying this field in the login flow. When I log in, it displays the image and the text to me, but my users see only the text when they log in. They dont see the image (they only see the icon of a broken image instead). 
Ethan PhillippiEthan Phillippi

Unfortunately, I don't have a fix. But I do think I know what's going on, and correct me if I'm wrong anyone viewing this:

I'm assuming the image is stored in a static resource? 

Users can't access static resources during a login flow. "During login flow execution, users have restricted access. Users in a login flow can access only the flow—they can’t bypass it to get to the application. They can log in to the org only when they successfully authenticate and complete the flow."

You can see the image since you've seen it before and it is cached in your browser. If you try viewing it again in a different browser, you likely won't be able to see the image.

I see your post is from February, so if you've found a workaround since then, please let me know!

Avinash JanardhananAvinash Janardhanan
Hi Ethan,
Thank you for the reply. Since it is a rich text field, you can choose an image to be displayed on it. But based on behaviour we see and as you rightly pointed out, this image might also be stored internally within some area in Salesforce which is only accessible after a successful login flow. 
It displayes images from a public site, if you embed it as HTML. So thats the only workaround we found. 

Regards,
Avinash