function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EmilyCobbEmilyCobb 

Customer Service (Napili) Template Custom Login not working

We're using the Customer Service (Napili) template on Spring '17 and the custom login page is not overriding the default. 

I have the following setting but going to the login page still displays the default page. I have followed all the direction in the documentation (https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=networks_customize_login_page.htm&type=0&language=en_US)

Is this a known issue? Is anyone else having this problem?
Thanks

User-added image
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Emily,

Usually, if your community uses the Customer Service (Napili) template, the login page assigned to the community by default is Login. May I request you please post the screenshots of the custom login page which is configured so that we can look into it and help you accordingly.

Best Regards,
Nagendra.
Anshul Saxena 54Anshul Saxena 54
Hi Emily,

I am exactly facing the same problem. Created a custom login page in Napili template using community builder but it is not available in setup-->Administration-->Login and Registration-->Login-->Community Builder Page.

Thanks
Dean Wooldridge 6Dean Wooldridge 6
I had problems with the login page - here are my notes:

As of 4/25/2017 there is some type of permission that must be enabled by SFDC customer support called ‘Enable Salesforce Identity”.  Evidently without this permission enabled the Napili template generator will not generate the ‘Login’ page properly.  SFDC support wrote:
Hi Dean,
This is in reference with the Case ID:9999999999 with the subject "Napili login page is wrong".
I would like to inform you that there is a permission that needs to be enabled from our end, "Enable Salesforce Identity". I will be escalating this case to our experts so that they would enable this feature for you.

Well SFDC support was able to help me with something related to this.  The 'Enable Salesforce Identity' thing is still for real.  The other things I noticed were that the footer did not match the footer text I had entered AND the graphic for the login page was not showing.  Both of these things contributed to what appeared to be the wrong login page.

In actuality I discovered SFDC adds text to the footer.  In my notes I wrote:

SFDC adds “Copyright …. All Rights Reserved” to your footer so don’t drive yourself nuts trying to figure out where that is coming from.

Also the graphic I added to the page did not show up until support pointed out I needed to go to Community Management --> Preferences and then check the box "Let guest users view asset files on public pages".

I don't know how people are expected to know all this stuff by default.
EmilyCobbEmilyCobb
Thanks Dean for solving the mystery of why my branding image was not showing! That was really bothering me.
EmilyCobbEmilyCobb
Actually that did not fix my logo issue. I have the "Company Logo" set in branding. I did check the checkbox (but, we are not using guest users so I don't think this applies to my situation). I also verified the image is uploaded in the old site.com Assets/Images. I can see the image on a community preview, but not when I log in as one of the community users. Does anyone have suggestions for this?

Thanks!
That's interesting because I also have a company logo set and I can see that when I come to the website page and have NOT entered any login information.  We also are not going to permit guest users.