function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Prasad KasotePrasad Kasote 

getting flow error while converting lead with do not create new lead upon conversion unchecked

there is a lookup to contact on Opportunity.
I have created a process to reference opportunity picklist field with picklist on contact updated in the contact lookup on Opportunity.

but when I convert lead with 'do not create new lead upon conversion' unchecked I get below error:
Error: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: CANNOT_EXECUTE_FLOW_TRIGGER, The record couldn’t be saved because it failed to trigger a flow. A flow trigger failed to execute the flow with version ID 3010Y000000h0z0. Flow error messages: <b>An unhandled fault has occurred in this flow</b><br>An unhandled fault has occurred while processing the flow. Please contact your system administrator for more information. Contact your administrator for help.: [] Class.leadconvert.BulkLeadConvert.handleOpportunityInserts: line 740, column 1 Class.leadconvert.BulkLeadConvert.convertLead: line 104, column 1.

I realized this is due to the process builder hence deactivating the process builder allows me to convert lead.
But I wish to reference the Opportunity picklist with picklist of Contact updated on the contact lookup field on Opportunity, so when lead is converted in to contact the contact picklist value is updated on Opportunity picklist.

previously referencing picklist wasn't possible with workflows but after summer15 Process builder came in and we can reference picklist. but seems we cannot do this using process too.