function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Diavonna S.Diavonna S. 

Drupal to Salesforce JSON Error: "Cannot deserialize instance of boolean from VALUE_STRING"

Hello,

We have a Drupal site that is integrated with Salesforce and are currently experiencing a JSON error.  When my users make an update on the Drupal site, they are receiving the following error:

Error message: "Cannot deserialize instance of boolean from VALUE_STRING value 1 or request may be missing a required field at [line:1, column:34]"

After speaking to my Drupal developer, there are only two checkboxes on the site and neither of those fields has been changed or updated on either the site or in Salesforce.  I'm somewhat at a loss as to how to help fix this problem and I'm hoping anyone here can help.

Thanks!
LBKLBK
Hi Diavonna,

Can you print the JSON text  in Debug log to see if it is of valid format?
Dave Campbell 10Dave Campbell 10

Hi, i just signed up at the developer forum and hope to have one of you guys help me out with this message or point me to some documenation or guide to set up this up between add-on form and salesforce.com.

Currently, I am working on wordpress with formidable forms plugin for mulit pages application form and purchased add-on from WebHolics (https://webholics.org/downloads/formidable-salesforce-addon/) and when I completed the form and got it connected to salesforce.com by using key and others. 

I tried to fill the application form and see if first page is submitted over there as a lead then move to somewhere when it was done but when i hit the submit button and there is an error:

"Array
(
        [0] => stdClass Object
                   (
                     [message] => Cannot deserialize instance of boolean from VALUE_STRING value True or request may be missing a required field at [line:1, column:169]
[errorCode] => JSON_PARSER_ERROR
)
)"

Then i changed from True to true becasue i googled and found somewhere that they said that boolean only accepts true or false to order to get it work at salesforce.com and there was no error on that one when i submitted the form but got next error:

"Array
(
        [0] => stdClass Object
                   (
                     [message] => Required fields are missing: [Company]
                    [errorCode] => REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING
                    [fields] => Array
                            (
                             [0] => Company
                         )
              )
)"

Greatly appreciated if you guys can help me with this and avoid these headaches?
Thanks
Dave