function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JJ WrightJJ Wright 

Getting Started with the Design System -- challenge error?

The question:

1. Which of the following elements is the correct outer wrapper for Design System markup in Visualforce?

Accepts the answer:

C. <div class="your-own-custom-scoping-class">

Isn't that wrong? Isn't the answer:

E. <div class="slds-scope">

From the text:

"Every time you use Design System markup in Visualforce, it should be placed inside an outer wrapper <div> with the slds-scope scoping class. Every time. Whether you have a Visualforce header and left nav, or not. Got it? It’ll be in the quiz later."

Am I missing something or is this an error in the challenge?

JJ WrightJJ Wright
Well, the trailhead module covers the the standard design system and creating a custom library is never mentioned, so I don't know why (C) would be the answer here.
Dustin Hansen 8Dustin Hansen 8
Completely agree with JJ Wright. This is not the correct answer, at least in the context of the module, which goes out of the way to make it super explicit:

"Every time you use Design System markup in Visualforce, it should be placed inside an outer wrapper <div> with the slds-scope scoping class. Every time. Whether you have a Visualforce header and left nav, or not. Got it? It'll be in the quiz later."

slds-scope wrapper div

Daniel HoyleDaniel Hoyle
This is now failing to accept any answer for me.  I cannot pass the challenge as there seems to be no right answer!