function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mukesh guptamukesh gupta 

salesforce standard field

Hi Expert,

I have  a object name  is "Class" but on this object a standard filed  "Name" , now i want to hide this field form class page layout sothat any one can't see this field.

Please suggest 

Thanks
Mukesh
Best Answer chosen by mukesh gupta
Akshay_DhimanAkshay_Dhiman
Hi Mukesh,

In Salesforce when we create a custom object then the " Name" field  is mandatory field and that field can't be hide/removed from page layout.
But there is an option that you can hide that field by taking name field auto number in the phase of creation or by editing the custom object.
After this the name field will not appear while creating new data in that custom object.
While you go to edit your custom object do following steps:

User-added image
User-added image

Then set the following display format in which you want to set your name . After this your name will auto generated by the Salesforce in which format you have set.
After this when you create any data in class object then name field will not appear.

User-added image 

Hope it helps you.
Regards,
Akhsay

All Answers

Lokesh KumarLokesh Kumar
Hi Mukesh,
 Go to the custom object named Class and then go to page layout edit it and remove the Name field from the layout and now you will not able to see on the record level .

Please mark it solved if your query solved.

Thanks !
Banwari kevat1Banwari kevat1
Hi Mukesh,
    Go to page layout of Class object and click on edit button. Then remove "Class name"  field from page layout and then save it.  Now No can see this field on page layout.
Thanks
Banwari
mukesh guptamukesh gupta
Hi All,

here class name is standard field. so how i can hide or delete this.

User-added image

Please suggest

Thanks
Mukesh

Lokesh KumarLokesh Kumar
HI mukesh,

are you trying to remove from object level or record level if from object then you cannot if from record level you can do like i suggested above by editing the page layout and delete it from the layout.

let me know if you have any question !

Thanks!

mukesh guptamukesh gupta
Hi,

I am not able to delete form page layout or object side.

User-added image

this is a required standred field.

For Example (Please create a custom object your side and try to remove standard field object name ).

Thanks
Mukesh

Lokesh KumarLokesh Kumar
HI Mukesh,

As I got to know from the below article by salesforce that required field can not be removable from the page layout kindly check the below link.

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000003629&type=1

You can hide field using field accessibility settings.
Goto YourName-->setup-->Administration setup-->Security control-->field accessibility-->Opportunity-->view by fields
Then choose the field probability then disable the Visible checkbox for all the profile.

And as Name field is required not able to change to normal you have to do some thing like below.

You could pass default value using Workflow field update for the Opportunity name field so that User will be able to save the Record while creating it without need of filling it.

and have a loook in the below link .

http://raydehler.com/cloud/clod/salesforce-url-hacking-to-prepopulate-fields-on-a-standard-page-layout.html
Hi Mukesh,

In Salesforce when we create a custom object then the " Name" field  is mandatory field and that field can't be hide/removed from page layout.
But there is an option that you can hide that field by taking name field auto number in the phase of creation or by editing the custom object.
After this the name field will not appear while creating new data in that custom object.
While you go to edit your custom object do following steps:

User-added image
User-added image

Then set the following display format in which you want to set your name . After this your name will auto generated by the Salesforce in which format you have set.
After this when you create any data in class object then name field will not appear.

User-added image 

Hope it helps you.
Regards,
Akhsay

This was selected as the best answer
Thanks Mukesh for selecting my answer as best answer.
It's my pleasure to help you.