function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tobias.brandtobias.brand 

My Flow fails to update some fields

Hi Developers!
I already asked salesforce support to help me with this, but they were not able to give me support on this. 

I have a flow running on opportunities. The flow is triggered by the user by clicking a button. In the flow the user has to enter some values that will be saved to the opportunity (please see attached screenshots). However, for some users only a few values are saved, not all entered values.
Please see also the last screenshot that shows the updated fields in a report. As you can see: some fields are updated, some are not.

I am really desperate on this. Is there somebody who can help me? Even it is just a small hint?

Many thanks.flow stepsInput fields
field updating
report with update and not updated fields
karthikeyan perumalkarthikeyan perumal
Hello, 

kinldy check the following things: 

1. All the users are Admin  or normal users for those not updated the value? 
2. check the user's profile they belongs to. 
3. check the field level secrity and View field accessablity.
User-added image 
4. make sure that profiels( not updated user)  read only check box unchecked.
5. in view field accessablity make sure those profiles have editiable for spacified record types. 

User-added image
hope this will helps you. 
Mark it solved if its works.

let me know if its doest not work. 

Thanks
karthik

tobias.brandtobias.brand
Hi Karthik,
many thanks for your reply and your help. I checked profiles and field accessibility. But the issue dosn´t to seem there. 
If you look at the screenshot of the report that I attached, you can see this:
All the fields shown are required fields in the flow. User must enter a value in the flow. In the first row all fields are populated (as expected), but the following rows: only the fields "tobicontrol" and "project information created" do contain a value. This is really strange, because there should be a value in all fields -> I know for sure that my users entered values, but the flow does not save them.

Do you have another idea? 

tobias.brandtobias.brand
Hi Developers!
First step to a solution: I found out, that the flow is indeed saving the data to opportunity. But what happens after this is this: 
Usually my users set the opportunity to closed won immediately after finishing this flow. My users do not have permission to edit closed opportunities and my guess is that the flow is still updating the opportunity when the user sets it to closed won. As they don´t have permission to edit a closed opportunity and data from flow is not really saved already, the values from the flow get lost.