function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shreyas Dhond 16Shreyas Dhond 16 

Build.xml setup for continuous integration

Hi all,

I am trying to setup my build.xml to reference the ant-salesforce.jar from my project checkout. The directory structure is similar to this:
Project Dir
>src
>ant-salesforce.jar
>build.xml

I am trying to reference the ant-salesforce.jar from the root directory of the project in my build.xml as shown below:
<project name="Test" default="test" basedir=".">

<property environment="env"/>

<taskdef resource="com/salesforce/antlib.xml">
      <classpath>
          <pathelement location="./ant-salesforce.jar" />
      </classpath>
  </taskdef>

<target name="retrieve">
		<sf:retrieve username="${SRC_USERNAME}" password="${SRC_PASSWD}" serverurl="${SRC_URL}" retrieveTarget="src" unpackaged="src/package.xml"/>
	</target>

<target name="deployValidate">
		<sf:deploy username="${DEST_USERNAME}" password="${DEST_PASSWD}" serverurl="${DEST_URL}" deployRoot="src" rollbackOnError="true" checkonly="true"/>
	</target>

<target name="deploy">
		<sf:deploy username="${DEST_USERNAME}" password="${DEST_PASSWD}"    serverurl="${DEST_URL}" deployRoot="src" rollbackOnError="true" />
	</target>
</project>

However, it keeps giving me the following error:
build.xml:12: The prefix "sf" for element "sf:retrieve" is not bound.

Am I missing something when including the reference to the ant-salesforce.jar?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Nilesh Pansuriya 1Nilesh Pansuriya 1

I just follow the steps written by jitendra and it is working fine for me.

http://www.jitendrazaa.com/blog/salesforce/salesforce-migration-tool-ant/

Khaled YoussefKhaled Youssef
  • build.properties : 

# build.properties
#

# Specify the login credentials for the desired Salesforce organization
sf.username = <Insert your Salesforce username here>
sf.password = <Insert your Salesforce password here>
#sf.sessionId = <Insert your Salesforce session id here.  Use this or username/password above.  Cannot use both>
#sf.pkgName = <Insert comma separated package names to be retrieved>
#sf.zipFile = <Insert path of the zipfile to be retrieved>
#sf.metadataType = <Insert metadata type name for which listMetadata or bulkRetrieve operations are to be performed>

# Use 'https://login.salesforce.com' for production or developer edition (the default if not specified).
# Use 'https://test.salesforce.com for sandbox.
sf.serverurl = https://login.salesforce.com

sf.maxPoll = 20
# If your network requires an HTTP proxy, see http://ant.apache.org/manual/proxy.html for configuration.
#
  • build.xml

<project name="Sample usage of Salesforce Ant tasks" default="test" basedir="." xmlns:sf="antlib:com.salesforce">

<property file="build.properties"/>
    <property environment="env"/>

<!-- Setting default value for username, password and session id properties to empty string 
         so unset values are treated as empty. Without this, ant expressions such as ${sf.username}
         will be treated literally.
    -->
    <condition property="sf.username" value=""> <not> <isset property="sf.username"/> </not> </condition>
    <condition property="sf.password" value=""> <not> <isset property="sf.password"/> </not> </condition>
    <condition property="sf.sessionId" value=""> <not> <isset property="sf.sessionId"/> </not> </condition>

<taskdef resource="com/salesforce/antlib.xml" uri="antlib:com.salesforce">
        <classpath>
            <pathelement location="../ant-salesforce.jar" />            
        </classpath>
    </taskdef>

<!-- Test out deploy and retrieve verbs for package 'mypkg' -->
    <target name="test">
      <!-- Upload the contents of the "mypkg" package -->
      <sf:deploy username="${sf.username}" password="${sf.password}" sessionId="${sf.sessionId}" serverurl="${sf.serverurl}" maxPoll="${sf.maxPoll}" deployRoot="mypkg" rollbackOnError="true"/>
      <mkdir dir="retrieveOutput"/>
      <!-- Retrieve the contents into another directory -->
      <sf:retrieve username="${sf.username}" password="${sf.password}" sessionId="${sf.sessionId}" serverurl="${sf.serverurl}" maxPoll="${sf.maxPoll}" retrieveTarget="retrieveOutput" packageNames="MyPkg"/>
    </target>

<!-- Retrieve an unpackaged set of metadata from your org -->
    <!-- The file unpackaged/package.xml lists what is to be retrieved -->
    <target name="retrieveUnpackaged">
      <mkdir dir="retrieveUnpackaged"/>
      <!-- Retrieve the contents into another directory -->
      <sf:retrieve username="${sf.username}" password="${sf.password}" sessionId="${sf.sessionId}" serverurl="${sf.serverurl}" maxPoll="${sf.maxPoll}" retrieveTarget="retrieveUnpackaged" unpackaged="unpackaged/package.xml"/>
    </target>

<!-- Retrieve all the items of a particular metadata type -->
    <target name="bulkRetrieve">
      <sf:bulkRetrieve username="${sf.username}" password="${sf.password}" sessionId="${sf.sessionId}" serverurl="${sf.serverurl}" maxPoll="${sf.maxPoll}" metadataType="${sf.metadataType}" retrieveTarget="retrieveUnpackaged"/>
    </target>

<!-- Retrieve metadata for all the packages specified under packageNames -->
    <target name="retrievePkg">
      <sf:retrieve username="${sf.username}" password="${sf.password}" sessionId="${sf.sessionId}" serverurl="${sf.serverurl}" maxPoll="${sf.maxPoll}" retrieveTarget="retrieveOutput" packageNames="${sf.pkgName}"/>
    </target>

<!-- Deploy the unpackaged set of metadata retrieved with retrieveUnpackaged and run tests in this organization's namespace only-->
    <target name="deployUnpackaged">
      <sf:deploy username="${sf.username}" password="${sf.password}" sessionId="${sf.sessionId}" serverurl="${sf.serverurl}" maxPoll="${sf.maxPoll}" deployRoot="retrieveUnpackaged" rollbackOnError="true"/>
    </target>

<!-- Deploy a zip of metadata files to the org -->
    <target name="deployZip">
      <sf:deploy username="${sf.username}" password="${sf.password}" sessionId="${sf.sessionId}" serverurl="${sf.serverurl}" maxPoll="${sf.maxPoll}" zipFile="${sf.zipFile}" pollWaitMillis="1000" rollbackOnError="true"/>
    </target>

<!-- Shows deploying code & running tests for code in directory -->
    <target name="deployCode">
      <!-- Upload the contents of the "codepkg" directory, running the tests for just 1 class -->
      <sf:deploy username="${sf.username}" password="${sf.password}" sessionId="${sf.sessionId}" serverurl="${sf.serverurl}" maxPoll="${sf.maxPoll}" deployRoot="codepkg" testLevel="RunSpecifiedTests" rollbackOnError="true">
           <runTest>SampleDeployClass</runTest> 
      </sf:deploy>
    </target>

<!-- Shows deploying code with no TestLevel sepcified -->
    <target name="deployCodeNoTestLevelSpecified">
      <sf:deploy username="${sf.username}" password="${sf.password}" sessionId="${sf.sessionId}" serverurl="${sf.serverurl}" maxPoll="${sf.maxPoll}" deployRoot="codepkg" rollbackOnError="true"/>
    </target>

<!-- Shows deploying code and running tests only within the org namespace -->
    <target name="deployCodeRunLocalTests">
      <sf:deploy username="${sf.username}" password="${sf.password}" sessionId="${sf.sessionId}" serverurl="${sf.serverurl}" maxPoll="${sf.maxPoll}" deployRoot="codepkg" rollbackOnError="true"  testlevel="RunLocalTests"/>
    </target>

<!-- Shows removing code; only succeeds if done after deployCode -->
    <target name="undeployCode">
      <sf:deploy username="${sf.username}" password="${sf.password}" sessionId="${sf.sessionId}" serverurl="${sf.serverurl}" maxPoll="${sf.maxPoll}" deployRoot="removecodepkg"/>
    </target>

<!-- Shows retrieving code; only succeeds if done after deployCode -->
    <target name="retrieveCode">
      <!-- Retrieve the contents listed in the file codepkg/package.xml into the codepkg directory -->
      <sf:retrieve username="${sf.username}" password="${sf.password}" sessionId="${sf.sessionId}" serverurl="${sf.serverurl}" maxPoll="${sf.maxPoll}" retrieveTarget="codepkg" unpackaged="codepkg/package.xml"/>
    </target>

<!-- Shows deploying code, running all tests, and running tests (1 of which fails), and logging. -->
    <target name="deployCodeFailingTest">
      <!-- Upload the contents of the "codepkg" package, running all tests -->
      <sf:deploy username="${sf.username}" password="${sf.password}" sessionId="${sf.sessionId}" serverurl="${sf.serverurl}" maxPoll="${sf.maxPoll}" deployRoot="codepkg" testLevel="RunAllTestsInOrg" rollbackOnError="true" logType="Debugonly"/>
    </target>

<!-- Shows check only; never actually saves to the server -->
    <target name="deployCodeCheckOnly">
      <sf:deploy username="${sf.username}" password="${sf.password}" sessionId="${sf.sessionId}" serverurl="${sf.serverurl}" maxPoll="${sf.maxPoll}" deployRoot="codepkg" checkOnly="true"/>
    </target>

<!-- Shows quick deployment of recent validation. Set the property sf.recentValidationId to your recent check only deployment Id -->
    <target name="quickDeploy">
      <sf:deployRecentValidation  username="${sf.username}" password="${sf.password}" sessionId="${sf.sessionId}" serverurl="${sf.serverurl}" maxPoll="${sf.maxPoll}" recentValidationId="${sf.recentValidationId}"/>
    </target>

<!-- Shows cancel deployment of deploy request either pending or in progress. Set property sf.requestId to Id of pending or in progress deploy request -->
    <target name="cancelDeploy">
      <sf:cancelDeploy  username="${sf.username}" password="${sf.password}" serverurl="${sf.serverurl}" maxPoll="${sf.maxPoll}" requestId="${sf.requestId}"/>
    </target>

<!-- Retrieve the information of all items of a particular metadata type -->
    <target name="listMetadata">
      <sf:listMetadata username="${sf.username}" password="${sf.password}" sessionId="${sf.sessionId}" serverurl="${sf.serverurl}" metadataType="${sf.metadataType}"/>
    </target>

<!-- Retrieve the information on all supported metadata type -->
    <target name="describeMetadata">
      <sf:describeMetadata username="${sf.username}" password="${sf.password}" sessionId="${sf.sessionId}" serverurl="${sf.serverurl}"/>
    </target>
</project>

Khaled YoussefKhaled Youssef
https://resources.docs.salesforce.com/212/latest/en-us/sfdc/pdf/salesforce_migration_guide.pdf
sanket mahajan 1sanket mahajan 1
Hello All, 

Please go through my blog. I have setup with both Proxy and Non proxy settings.

https://sfdc-concepts.blogspot.com/2019/12/how-to-setup-ant-for-salesforce.html

Hope this will help!

Thanks,
Sanket
Bruno PalmaBruno Palma
Hello all,

just a question. I have a build.xml file with several targets.
I define one target in Jenkins but since the default in build.xml is different, always run the default and ignore the target defined in the job in Jenkins. If i change the default it will run the new target. Anyone know what can be the root cause to ignore Jenkins configuration?
Thank you.