function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
force shahidforce shahid 

How to write validation rule on website field in account object for avoding duplicates ?

Hi Friend,

Now I m using Professional edition . I need to avoide duplcate company websites in Account object. For this one how to write validation rule on this field ?
Tarun J.Tarun J.
One approach: Create a custom field as unique and write a WF to populate value present in standard Website field to this new field. If there is any duplicate website gets inserted, WF will try to populate same value in custom unique field and system will throw an error and prevent record insertion.

-Thanks,
TK

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.
force shahidforce shahid
Hi Tarun,
Thanks for your suggestion. but I m using Professional edition . In professional edition there is no Workflows. Then how ?
Akhil AnilAkhil Anil
Hello !

Professional edition supports duplicate rules and you can use Duplicate rules to set this up. Refer the below link for the same.

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=duplicate_rules_overview.htm&type=0

Kindly mark it as an answer if that resolves your query !
force shahidforce shahid
Hi Akhil,
It is Very Helpful , But in rule senario , we can't give the Value manually.

Means my requirement is create rule on website field. If one website is existed in Account object and any body want to create same website record then it doesn;t accept the that record. We have multible websites , then how can i write all website names ?