function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Oskar ZhangOskar Zhang 

Deploy the updated Apex class from Sandbox to Production.

Hello,

I am very new to Saleforce. 

I was wondering what is the easiest way to deploy the updated Apex class from Sandbox to Production? I just made some small changes in one of our Apex classes. Since I coudn't modify the class in Production, so I made a Partial Copy Sandbox and edited the Apex class there. 

After some physical tests(I didn't write any test file.), it is working good. Now how can I push the updated Apex class to Production? 

I searched a bit on google, it seems like I need to download Eclipse, install Force Package, write test some test coverage and etc. Do you have any easier way to make it happen?

Thank you very much!
Best Answer chosen by Oskar Zhang
Lokesh KumarLokesh Kumar
HI Oskar,

It's very simple no need of eclipse.

Create an outbound changeset add your class that you modified and upload it to the production and then log into production search for inbound changeset you will get your changeset deploy it by selecting run the local test.

IF you need more knowledge about change set please go through the below link in Trailhead.

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/app_deployment/units/app_deployment_changesets 

let me know if this help you !!

Thanks !

All Answers

Lokesh KumarLokesh Kumar
HI Oskar,

It's very simple no need of eclipse.

Create an outbound changeset add your class that you modified and upload it to the production and then log into production search for inbound changeset you will get your changeset deploy it by selecting run the local test.

IF you need more knowledge about change set please go through the below link in Trailhead.

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/app_deployment/units/app_deployment_changesets 

let me know if this help you !!

Thanks !

This was selected as the best answer