function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Adeline MooreAdeline Moore 

Lead standard description field mapping

How can I map the Standard Descrition field in my Lead to my Contact Standard Descripton field? Or do I create a New Custom Descrition field on Contact record? Either way I cant figure out how to not lose the data when converting. I think I actually lost my data:(
sagarika bsagarika b
Hi Adeline Moore,

For mapping Lead standard description field to another Object, Here are the steps to follow
  • Export all the data currently residing in the Lead Description field as well as the Object's Description field that you want to map
  • Create a custom Long Area Text field for both Leads and the other object. You can use Description as the Label and name of the field. 
  • Mass Update all Lead and Contact records to move the values from the standard Description to the custom Description field. You can follow the steps in this document:
  • Remove the standard Description fields from the page layout for both objects and then replace them with the custom fields.
  • After the fields has been created and updated, you can then use the Map Lead Fields option: Setup > Customize > Leads > Fields and select the Map Lead Fields button. 
For more information, Please check below link once

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000004968&type=1

We hope it helps you

BestRegrads 
Sagarika