function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
snchandusnchandu 

How fields can be accessed between two Custom Objects, if they are Master Detail Relationship with Accounts.

Hi All

We have Loans and System Products two custom objects. Loans (Loan Approved Date, Loan Approved Amount,..are fields) & System Products (Quantity, Model, Manufacturere...are fields).

Loans & System Products are Master Detailed Relationship with Accounts.  These two custom objects have child relationship with Accounts. So I cannot create relationship between these two custom objects.

I need Loan Approved Date, & Amount .. some more fields to be displayed in System Products custom objects. Is there any way to solve this?.
Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma
Hi ,

You could create a Lookup Relationship Between Loans and System Products where System Product will become Child. Then you could create formula fileds for Loan Approved Date, & Amount on System Products.

In order to populate the Lookup reference field on System Product you could use Process Builder or Trigger on  System Products or can ask users to manually put the appropriate relationship.

Thanks
Shashikant
snchandusnchandu
Thank you Shashikant

But I had confusion, since Loans and System Products are Childs to Account. How can  we create one more relation between these two custom objects.
Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma
Here we have 3 things:

1. Can we create a Child relationship on objects which are already Detail of Account - Answer is Yes, there is no limitation to do this.
2. I think you should make sure you use Lookup filter so only Loan and System Products related to same account could be related to each other.
3. You might want 1-1 relationship between Loan and System Products, If so then you have to manage it with custom code. But i think that migt not be required.

Thanks
Shashikant