function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Karen OutlookKaren Outlook 

Can't pass more than two arguments in an Apex Class Map - what can I use instead?

I have a line of code like this:

Map<Id,Account> contactMap = new Map<Id,Account>();

I want to keep this code, but I also want two more field values, so that values for Account ID, Title, and AssistantName are collected on a Contact record. Any tips on how to do this? I'm fairly new to Apex coding. Thank you!
Ashish KeshariAshish Keshari
Hi Karen,
I guess you are fetching the Account from databases right - if that's the case, in your query try to fetch the Contact related details as well. After that, from Account - you can refer to a list as Account.Contacts. Size of Account.Contacts list could be >= 0 depending upon your Account and it's contacts counts.See below a sample code.
//This queries all Contacts related to the incoming Account records in a single SOQL query.
  //This is also an example of how to use child relationships in SOQL
  List<Account> accountsWithContacts = [select id, name, (select id, salutation, description, 
                                                                firstname, lastname, email from Contacts) 
                                                                from Account];
  // For loop to iterate through all the queried Account records 
  for(Account a: accountsWithContacts){
     // Use the child relationships dot syntax to access the related Contacts
     for(Contact c: a.Contacts){
   	  System.debug('Contact Id[' + c.Id + '], FirstName[' + c.firstname + '], LastName[' + c.lastname +']');
   	  c.Description=c.salutation + ' ' + c.firstName + ' ' + c.lastname; 
     }    	  
   }

Karen OutlookKaren Outlook
Hi Ashish,
Belated thanks for your response!
I am passing information from a Web form (using Wufoo - not the Salesforce forms) to create an Account and a Contact. So I'm not fetching Accounts. 

A former colleague sent the content below as a framework (I know the syntax is off for some of this, but I haven't had a chance to play with it yet.) Just wanted to tell you I appreciate your quick reply. I'll update this later if/when I have a chance to work on it further!

public class currentApexClass{

Account a = [Select Id From Account Limit 1].Id;
   formContents fc = new formContents();
   fc.Id = a.Id;
   fc.title = "CEO";
   fc.assistantName = "Joe Smith";

Map<Id,formContents> m = new Map<Id,formContents>();
   m.put(a.Id,fc);

class formContents{
     public Id accountId {get;set;}
     public String title {get;set;}
     public String assistantName {get;set}