function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nicholas AgostoNicholas Agosto 

Trailhead Challenge - Custom Objects and Fields

I've had this same ongoing issue and I deleted and have now redone this hands-on challenge for the FIFTH time! Can someone offer some guidance on how to get around this? I had my mentor look it over and she couldn't see a mistake either, which made her suggest I come here. Any help is appreciated!  :))))
User-added imageUser-added image

Lokesh KumarLokesh Kumar
Hi Nicholas,

Everything looks fine in your above object screen shot before verifying the challenge can you please check the selected org like from the below screen shot.

Please make sure you have selected correct Org.

User-added image

let me know if you are still facing same issue ..

Thanks !
Lokesh, thanks for responding. The highlighted selection is what salesforce had set as the default. Are you saying I need to just click "Launch your hands-on org" before submitting the challenge, or are you saying I need to somehow complete the challenge via my hands-on org?
Lokesh KumarLokesh Kumar
HI Nicholas,

Please check that the selected Org is correct to verify the challenge means Org where you have created Trail__c Object and then click on Check Challange.

Thanks !

After checking the list, apparently I needed to connect the org to my profile or something? I'm not sure exactly what that did, but I was able to submit successfully!  +500 finally added. Thanks Lokesh.  :)))
Lokesh KumarLokesh Kumar
Cool !!! It's good you are able to solve this module and keep you trail alive.

And Please mark it solved for others in future.

Happy to Help you !!

Thanks 
I'm not sure how I solved it though! Ha. It won't let me go back now that I 'connect the org' somehow. 
Lokesh KumarLokesh Kumar
Yes, Same I suggested to you before checking the challenge every time we have to select the Org to verify the challenge this is what you missed. By the way if you have any further query do let me know.

Thanks you !
Lokesh, I decided to take screenshots to show what ended up working for me. In the event anyone has double and triple checked their work, and something STILL isn't allowing your to finish this challenge, then do the following:

1) Click the down menu and select 'Manage my hands-on org'

User-added image

2) Now you will see options of what orgs are - and can be -  connected (the one I saw that wasn't connected starts with "resourceful-badge")
3) select the org(s) you want to add and then click 'Connect Org'
User-added image

4) Now go back to the trail and click 'Check Challenge' again

*Note: I didn't have to make either Org a default, so it should work fine no matter what Org someone selects as their default.
Lokesh KumarLokesh Kumar
OK Cool.