function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Samyra Chrisp 18Samyra Chrisp 18 

is it possible to remove a specific entry in a multi-select picklist field when another box is checked?

I have a Multi-Select pick list that defaults to "-None Selected'"

When a check box is checked I want to remove "-None Selected-" and require the user to select another value(s).

Is this possible?  And how can I remove the field.  I know I can use a validation rule, but the users don't want to have to remove "-None Selected'" so I need to have this happen automatically.
Ajay K DubediAjay K Dubedi
Hi Samyra,
Yes there is another option through which your picklist value will be changed automatically.You can use process builder through which you can update the value of picklist.

1 Go to Set up-->Process  Builder and click on New

User-added image

2 Give the name to this process then Save.

User-added image

3. Now click on add object and that object on which you have to make changes as:

User-added image

4. Click on Add Criteria and put the value for criteria name and insert the Checkbox field "c1__c"  and Save.
5. After completing step 4, click on Immediate Action and add Action. In action type select “Update Record” and put the name to this action type.
6. Select the Record Type on which you have to make changes which is depicted in given screenshot:

User-added image

7. Now Activate this process.

Whenever you try to create or update that record and you select checkbox then the picklist value will be chang to default value and it will not show an error.
Let me know , If it will help you!

Regards,
Ajay