function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Gopikrishnan NedumparambumanaGopikrishnan Nedumparambumana 

Chatter question show article suggestions from other communities.

Hi,
We have two communites dedicated for two seperate purpose and lots of knowledge articles in each of them.
When I type something like "What is adaptive" on our community 1, and see recommended articles. It is showing suggetions from other communities what we have. And each articles are assigned on seperate type and category. And we have limited each category to display based on category assigned to it. Still content search on default Salesforce chatter shows content from other. Any idea how to resolve it.
Missy LongshoreMissy Longshore
Hi, I would be sure you're logged in as a user with the appropriate profile, not as a system administrator, when you're testing the appropriate article access levels. If you can still access all of the articles, I would check that your user profile permissions for each community profile are correct and separate - for example, you may need to set up different profiles for each community and map each profile to different types and categories. I also believe Knowledge relies on User Groups so be sure to check those as well. Best of luck, Missy
Siddharth83JainSiddharth83Jain
Hi,

We have 2 separate communities with Chatter Answers enabled. Under Chatter we have enabled Questions (New Feature) so when searching for a questions, similar articles are getting showcased which below to second community. Both the Communities use same Article Type but different data categories for each community. 

Data Category visibility has been configured properly for both communities so that Articles show up categorized. What I see here is that Salesforce doesn't consider data catagories for similar articles when searching on Chatter Questions on community.

I have verified all the permissions / profiles and they all seemed correct. Any help or pointers as this is a major issue. 

Thanks
Siddharth
Missy LongshoreMissy Longshore
Hi Siddharth,

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're not using Salesforce Knowledge, correct? Also, please note that Chatter Answers will no longer be supported as of Winter '18: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=Chatter-Answers-to-Retire-in-Winter-18&type=1. 
As far as I know you can't use Chatter Answers and Questions at the same time... my best guess is that you need to fully migrate to Chatter Questions: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=collab_chatter_questions_overview.htm&type=0&language=en_US&release=206.12 
I found this on migrating from Chatter Answers to Chatter Questions, but I would confirm with your AE or Salesforce Support that this is the best course of action before proceeding: https://help.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=0150M000003OcXTQA0 
Good luck!
Missy