function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sridhar RamamoorthySridhar Ramamoorthy 

How to change the picklist value on the new Task

Hi All,

Under opportunities object, how do I add/remove the picklist values for the field called "TYPE" under "NEW TASK" tab in Salesforce Lighting Experience? I have attached the below image for reference,

User-added image

Thank you all in advance!
Balayesu ChilakalapudiBalayesu Chilakalapudi
Setup > type Task in Quick Find Box > under Activities find Task fields > Click on Type picklist > in Task Type Picklist Values > create new values and click on save

Let us know if it helps
Thanks Bala! I'm working on the Salesforce Lighting Experience. Your answer is only feasible on the Salesforce Classic, not on the Lighting Experience.
Hi Sridhar,
Switch to Salesforce classic and follow the procedure given in previous post. after creating new type picklist values, again switch to lightning experience. it worked for me.

User-added image

Let us know if it helps.
Yes, is there any other workarounds to fix this issue on the lighting experience itself? I don't want to swap to classic mode to fix the issues and come back to lighting.
Click on Setting icon > setup > in quick find box type Schema builder > open schema builder > click on Task checkbox > right click on Type picklist > View Field in new window > under Task Type Picklist Values > create new values
Thanks bala, this helps!
This will also works

setup > object manager > Task > type > task type picklist values > new > enter some value > save