function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kirsty BeyersKirsty Beyers 

Formula to return the time & date a picklist field is changed

Hi there

I am setting up a formula whereby when a certain field is changed (picklist field), the date & time of the last change is returned. My question is how to best capture all the picklist values? 

Should  I use ISPICKVAL/TEXT/CASE? Also, is ISCHANGED necessary here?

AND

ISCHANGED(D2L_Status__c)
CASE(D2L_Status__c,'Draft','Draft – Queried Supplier','Draft – Under Investigation','Input','Input – Queried Supplier','Input – Under Investigation','Pending Live Registration','Pending Live – Queried Supplier','Live','Rejected by Supplier','Rejected by Supplier – Queried Supplier','Rejection – 2nd Request','Rejection – 3rd Request','Transfer Re-application Requested','Objection Reason Request Sent','Objection – Awaiting LOA','Objection Actioned','LOA Obtained - Objection Reason Request Sent','Objection – Awaiting AM/Customer Action','Objection - Awaiting AM/Customer Feedback','Objection – 2nd Request','Objection – 3rd Request','Re-applied for Objection','Objection Complete','Objection Upheld - CLPW'

TIA

Best Answer chosen by Kirsty Beyers
hybin joseph 2hybin joseph 2
Hi Kirsty,

I dont think u can actually use the ISCHANGED formula in this case.. Ull need a workflow which updates a date and time field. so ur Workflow criteria will simply be

ISCHANGED(D2L_Status__c) and evaluation criteira will be created and everytime its edited

and update the Date and time field with NOW()

I hope this shud work Y do u want all picklist values? This will just update the date and time whenever the value in the field changes

All Answers

Hi Kirsty,

I dont think u can actually use the ISCHANGED formula in this case.. Ull need a workflow which updates a date and time field. so ur Workflow criteria will simply be

ISCHANGED(D2L_Status__c) and evaluation criteira will be created and everytime its edited

and update the Date and time field with NOW()

I hope this shud work Y do u want all picklist values? This will just update the date and time whenever the value in the field changes
This was selected as the best answer
Kirsty BeyersKirsty Beyers
@Joseph -  I did set up a workflow rule with a field update, but I wasn't sure how to go about choosing the correct formula for the workflow rule criteria. This idea works perfectly & achieves exactly what I wanted! Thank you!
Great Kirsty Can u mark this questions as solved so that anyone with a similar question can find the answer quickly