function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rafael.Martins.SantosRafael.Martins.Santos 

Help with workflow - Update all fields

Hi all,
I have some workflows that each one execute a formula.
So, the problem is, each fiel is calculated based of the value of the another field, and when the field is updated, the others fields that have to be updated too, don't are.
for example:
I have the fields A, B and C.
I have a workflow that get the value of field A and make a calculation of A + 10, and put this value in the field B, and the field C receive the value of the field B - 30.
So, when the field A is updated or created, the field B and C is not updated. To update the field B and C, I have to click in Edit Button and Save Again.

What I need is: when the field is updated, all the others have to be updated too.

Best Regards
Rafael

rmittal85rmittal85
Hi, In order to run other workflow rules which is dependent on your first workflow, you need to check the flag "Re-evaluate Workflow Rules after Field Change" . It is present on Workflow Field Update. This should resolve your problem. 

Purpose of that flag:- Select if you want workflow rules on this object to be re-evaluated after the field value is updated. If you select this option, Salesforce re-evaluates all workflow rules on the object if the field update results in a change to the value of the field, triggering any workflow rules whose criteria are met
Hi rmittal85,
I have this checkbox selected. But using the example that I did above, the field C, is not being updated.
The field B is updated by formula, and the field C is update by the field B.
So, if the field B is updated, the field C must be updated.
it is not happening.
I believe the formulas is executed in the same time, so The field B see the Field A have another value, and is updated, and the field C is executed in the same time as B, so he check the value before the field B is updated.
rmittal85rmittal85
Hi, Do you have this flag checked for workflow field update for B? if No, please updated for "B" field update. If Yes,Can you share your all 3 workflows that will help in looking further.
Yes, I have checked for all.

Here is the workflow of the B:
Criteria rule: Opportunity: CloseDate Greater than and Equal to 01/01/2010
Formula:
Evaluate again the rules of the workflow after the field change = true
Formula Value
IF ( ISPICKVAL ( Sale_Type__c , "FEE" ), 
IF ( Regional__c = "AR", 
Margin__c * 0.956 - Extra_Expenses__c , 
IF ( Regional__c = "CL", 
Margin__c - Extra_Expenses__c, 
IF ( Regional__c = "US", 
Margin__c - Extra_Expenses__c, 
Margin__c * 0.8725 - Extra_Expenses__c ))), 
 Margin__c - Extra_Expenses__c )

Workflow to C
Criteria rule: NOT(Oportunidade__r.CloseDate <= DATE(2016,12,31))
Evaluate again the rules of the workflow after the field change = true
Formula Value
IF(ISPICKVAL(Categoria__c, 'IT SERVICES'), 
IF(MS_Customer__c, MVS__c * 0.015, MVS__c * 0.03), 
IF( ISPICKVAL(Categoria__c, 'MANAGED SERVICES'), IF(MS_Customer__c, MVS__c * 0.015, MVS__c * 0.03), IF(MS_Customer__c, MVS__c * 0.015, MVS__c * 0.02) 
))