function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Serena SchultzSerena Schultz 

Community Self Registration Error

I'm the system admin for a Community and recently I've started getting this error message by email: 

"A new user's attempt to register at NAME_Portal failed because the value for the profileID attribute is either null or invalid. Set the profileID for new users on the ChatterAnswersRegistration Visualforce page for the site associated with community NAME_Portal or on the apex class associated with the Facebook authprovider."

We don't have Chatter Answers enabled and we don't have Facebook set as an Auth Provider so I'm not sure what's going on there. Additionally, we haven't made any changes to our code recently around the self registration. Any thoughts?
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Please share your code. It look like you did not set up the profile_ID proprely
Serena SchultzSerena Schultz

Hi Amit,

Can you please specify what code you're referring to? We had an outside team do this set up so I'm not sure where to look for the code to post.

Thanks!

Serena

David White 44David White 44
Wow, three years and no answer? I'm now having this same error, "A new user's attempt to register at PowerNet_Events failed because the value for the profileID attribute is either null or invalid. Set the profileID for new users on the ChatterAnswersRegistration Visualforce page for the site associated with community..."

I've set up a community using all the default login, self-registration, etc. pages and tried to test it by going to a private browser window. The community page ishttps://powernetcommunity.force.com/events, which upon going there, takes you to a Login/Sign Up page. Which is great! However, when I try to register and enter the verification code sent to my email, I get the following error message: "Something went wrong with your registration. Please try again later."

When I log in to my Salesforce administration email account, that is where I find the error message stated above.

Does anyone have a solution?
Vignesh S 50Vignesh S 50
Need to assign profile for the registration.
So Clone Customer Community Plus profile or any guest profile and add it in All communities>Workspaces>Login & Registration>Profile>select cloned Customer Community Plus.
If still issue is not fixed then Go to CommunitiesSelfRegController apex class and update String profileId = 'Your Profile ID'.(ex:String profileId = '00e0o000064lHdf';).
15 digit Profile ID needs to be entered.
(https://test-dev-ed.lightning.force.com/lightning/setup/EnhancedProfiles/page?address=%2F00e0o000064lHdf).
 After doing this changes also if you get issue then try to signup with new new emailID which didn't use earlier. 
I'm sure that it will fix your issue.

VVS Udaya Kiran AthmakuriVVS Udaya Kiran Athmakuri
Hi @Vignesh S 50,

Your solution worked for me. Thanks!