function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jsnrharrisjsnrharris 

Does the REST call to invoke Actions only work if the connected app has specific settings

Specifically, executing `/services/data/v39.0/actions/standard/createServiceReport` via the Workbench successfully creates the required PDF but making the same call with the same user details from an external REST Client only (but not the same Connected App) only generates an empty PDF file.

Using the OAuth Token as used by the FSL App in the same REST Client does create a correctly populated PDF. It is likely to be the Connected App but I cannot see differences between the two.
Jason LariJason Lari
Did you ever find a solution to this? I am really bothered by this as I tried to get help from support, but since we dont pay extra money for "premier support", they refused to help and sent me here. I am having the same exact problem and cannot figure out a work around. It is my hope that in 2 years, you found a solution since clearly wont help me with their bugged system.

When I execute the code from the develoepr console using my session id (pulled via "UserInfo.getSessionId()" ), works fine, but the moment I try to execute it from anything else, blank PDF! I have even tried the session Id from a new token from my user and same result, blank PDF. It does seemsto be something to do with the oauth and the connected app, but the connected app is set up with the "Full access (full)" scope so I dont know what else it could be. It makes no sense.