function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Megan MuldaryMegan Muldary 

Process builder not firing from Quote Approval Update to Opportunity

I am trying to control two installed packages in our org. We use Zuora Quotes and Octiv (formerly Tinderbox) for our CPQ solution. The issue is there are no base controls on the New Document button to prevent a seller from selecting it before their Quote is actually approved by their manager/finance/legal. The New Document button lives on the Opportunity and the Quote is a child of the Opportunity. 

What I did was create a custom field on the Opportunity with the same picklist values as the field on the Quote for Approval Status. The approval workflow updates this to ready for approval upon create, then in progress, approved or rejected through the approval steps. I then created a process builder (mimicing another process we have where we pull quote info to the opportunity) and have played around with the defined criteria for the action but it isn't firing. You can see my screenshots attached. 

Object chosen is Quote:
User-added image

This is the step I think that isn't firing properly because it needs to grab that the Quote Approval Status is now Approved

User-added image

Final step to update the field to the value of the other field
User-added image

Ideally, it would stay up to date through all of the steps of the approval but I already updated the syntax in the custom new document button to not allow the creation of the new document if the value is blank, rejected, in progress, or ready for approval so it's preventing the creation of the doc - but now too strongly because the field won't update to approved. 

Of course - this is all in Classic. I need to then convert this all to a Lightning Action ... which I haven't even started yet :(

thanks in advance for any help you can give!