function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sri Ramya Pratha VenkataSri Ramya Pratha Venkata 

Hello, Can any one help me with the conversion of fields in lead tab?

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Ramya,

May I request you to please elaborate your concern so that we can understand better of the requirement and can help you accordingly.

Regards,
Nagendra.
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Ramya,

Please find the information below.

When you convert a qualified lead, the information from the standard lead fields is automatically mapped to standard account, contact, and opportunity fields. Please reference "Lead Conversion Mapping" in the Help & Training to see the mappings of standard Lead fields. 

If your organization has custom lead fields, you can choose to map them to a custom field you've created on the Account, Contact, or Opportunity. Standard fields cannot be mapped to custom fields, nor can standard field mapping be modified. 

Please let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Nagendra.
Rahul KumarRahul Kumar (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Sri Ramya,

When you convert a qualified lead, the information from the standard lead fields is automatically mapped to the standard account, contact, and opportunity fields. Please reference "Lead Conversion Mapping" in the Help & Training to see the mappings of standard Lead fields. 

If your organization has custom lead fields, you can choose to map them to a custom field you've created on the Account, Contact, or Opportunity. Standard fields cannot be mapped to custom fields, nor can standard field mapping be modified. 

To specify the mapping for custom lead fields: 

1. Click on: 

Setup | App Setup | Customize | Leads | Fields. 

2. Click on "Map Lead Fields" (At the bottom of this screen). 

3. For each custom lead field, choose a previously created custom account, contact, or opportunity field into which you want the information inserted when you convert a lead. 

4. Click "Save". 

Remember to map custom lead fields to other custom fields of the same data type, that is, map numeric lead fields to other numeric fields. 

Also, remember to map custom lead fields of type number, currency, or percent to another number, currency, or percent fields of exactly the same length and decimal places. For example, if your lead currency field has a length of 3 and 2 decimal places, map it to another custom currency field with a length of 3 and 2 decimal places. 

NOTE: If you change the data type of any custom field used for lead conversion, that leads field mapping will be deleted. 

I hope it will be helpful.

Please mark it as best Answer if the information is informative.

BestRegards
RahulKumar
Sri Ramya VenkataSri Ramya Venkata
Hello Nagendra,
            Thank you for the information , I mapped it but I need to know what changes occur in practical when the fields are mapped. This is mentioned because I didn`t notice any change. Help in this would be appreciated.