function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tatiana CarpiucTatiana Carpiuc 

Nested iterations

Hi,

I have a nested aura:iteration like this:

<aura:iteration items="{!v.results}" var="res">                  
        <tr class="slds-hint-parent">
             <aura:iteration items="{!v.ColumnsNameArr}" var="colName">
                  <td>
                          <div class="slds-truncate" ><a href="javascript:void(0);">{!res[colName]}}</a></div>
                  </td>
               </aura:iteration>                    
            </tr>
   </aura:iteration>

How can I write correct {!res[colName]}? It is possible to do something like this in lightning?

Thank you.
Jarosław KołodziejczykJarosław Kołodziejczyk
Do you mean something like this: {!res +'['+colName+']'}?
It doesn't work:(
Can you tell me what type of items are you iterating over? List<String> or something like this?
For a specific column name it looks like this : {!res.Type} but for me Type is dynamic ..in my case colName
<aura:attribute name="results" type="List" />
<aura:attribute name="ColumnsNameArr" type="String[]" />
I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as <aura:attribute  type="List" />, here are the bacis types you can get: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.lightning.meta/lightning/ref_attr_types_basic.htm , you can also make custom class or object type List like type="Account[]".

If you have a dynamic type, you would need to create custom class and make List of it's instances.
<aura:attribute name="results" type="sObject[]" /> because the tabe depends on the object I send from design file, attribute type for results will be sObject[]
Sorry, is Object, not sObject
Could you provide me with code on how you are creating these lists? both objects and ColumnsNameArr
results attribute is created after a do a call to a method from apex controller to get all records for my object: 
action.setCallback(this, function(response) {
                var state =  response.getState();

if (state === "SUCCESS") {
                    var resp = response.getReturnValue();
                    component.set('v.results', resp);
                }
            });

and I have data in resp.

ColumnsNameArr is different defined...I have in design file a text input....and I insert there the object fields I want to be displayed separated by comma. In js Controller I get the fields using split(',') and trim() and insert them in  ColumnsNameArr .

var columnsName = component.get('v.tableColumnsName'); //tableColumnsName is the attribut in both files (design and component)
columnsNameArr = columnsName.split(','); 
columnsNameArr = columnsNameArr.map(function(str) { return str.trim(); });
component.set('v.ColumnsNameArr', columnsNameArr);
I saw that I get error when I try to save the file if I use {!res['Type']} so..I think there is only one way to write : {!res.Type}(which works)...writting {!res.colName} is ok when I save the file...but when I inspect the page there is no value..is blank. If I use {!colName} it displays all I need to iterate..so colName and res are not empty, they have what I expected to have...but {!res.colName} doesn't work...
If you want to use it like {!res.colName}, a Map<Object,List<String>> might be better, since you will be using object/res as a key, and list<string> as colNames.
Naveen KNNaveen KN
this might be useful 
https://www.codengine.in/2019/07/nested-iteration-salesforce-lightning-aura-components.html