function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KMK91KMK91 

Delegated Access

Can you advise me any one how to give delegated access to others in approval process?
Best Answer chosen by KMK91
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

A delegated approver is a user appointed by an assigned approver as an alternate for approval requests. Delegated approvers can't reassign approval requests; they can only approve or reject approval requests.

Some more info: https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=approvals_terminology.htm&language=en_US

The Approver Settings section of the User detail page lets you set your preferences for receiving approval request emails, including opting not to receive them at all.

To set up or edit your Approver Settings, click Your Name | Setup | My Personal Information | Personal Information. Click Edit on the User detail page.
  • In the Approver Settings section, you can:
Optionally, select your Delegated Approver.
Note
  1. You can't assign a group or queue as a delegated approver.
  2. Optionally, enter your Manager.
  3. Set your preference for receiving approval request emails. The options are:
  4. If I am an approver, or delegated approver
  5. Only if I am an approver
  6. Only if I am a delegated approver
  7. Never—If you select this option, you won't receive any approval request emails, even if your organization has email approval response enabled. However, if the assignee of an approval step is a queue, selecting Never may not block all approval request emails, depending, the queue settings.
When an approval request email is sent to the assigned approver, the delegated approver also receives an email notification that there is an approval request to review. Delegated approvers can't reassign approval requests; they can only approve or reject approval requests.

Hope this helps.

Please let us know if you are looking for anything else.

Mark it as solved if it's resolved so that others can benefit out of it who are encountering similar issue.

Best Regards,
Nagendra.

All Answers

pkpnairpkpnair

For users, click on my settings->personal->approver settings. 

Here users can set Delegated approver from the look up . 

hope this helps!

pkpnairpkpnair
meanwhile , make sure that delegated user has profile setings to access the records in approval process
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

A delegated approver is a user appointed by an assigned approver as an alternate for approval requests. Delegated approvers can't reassign approval requests; they can only approve or reject approval requests.

Some more info: https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=approvals_terminology.htm&language=en_US

The Approver Settings section of the User detail page lets you set your preferences for receiving approval request emails, including opting not to receive them at all.

To set up or edit your Approver Settings, click Your Name | Setup | My Personal Information | Personal Information. Click Edit on the User detail page.
  • In the Approver Settings section, you can:
Optionally, select your Delegated Approver.
Note
  1. You can't assign a group or queue as a delegated approver.
  2. Optionally, enter your Manager.
  3. Set your preference for receiving approval request emails. The options are:
  4. If I am an approver, or delegated approver
  5. Only if I am an approver
  6. Only if I am a delegated approver
  7. Never—If you select this option, you won't receive any approval request emails, even if your organization has email approval response enabled. However, if the assignee of an approval step is a queue, selecting Never may not block all approval request emails, depending, the queue settings.
When an approval request email is sent to the assigned approver, the delegated approver also receives an email notification that there is an approval request to review. Delegated approvers can't reassign approval requests; they can only approve or reject approval requests.

Hope this helps.

Please let us know if you are looking for anything else.

Mark it as solved if it's resolved so that others can benefit out of it who are encountering similar issue.

Best Regards,
Nagendra.
This was selected as the best answer
KMK91KMK91
Authorise still doesn't work and still data not available

Thanks
KMK