function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SarahKennedySarahKennedy 

Managed Package Fields not displaying on Community Visualforce Page

In Production, there are some Contact fields that do not display a Community Visualforce Page. Some details:
- Community is Visualforce + Tabs
- User's profile is a Customer Community User (custom) with Customer Community Login license
- Community Sharing Settings are User.Contact = ContactId on the Contact object
- The profile has Read/Edit access to the Contact object
- The profile has at least Read access on all fields (verified by checking isAccessible for the field)
- The Debug Log shows that the values are accessed, but then they do not display on the VF page
- If one of the fields that is not displaying is copied to a String variable, then that String value displays as expected on the VF page
- The fields that cannot be displayed are fields from a Managed Package

I have details I can send.

NOTE: A UAT full sandbox org was refreshed from Production. This issue does not occur in the UAT sandbox, only in the Production org.
Best Answer chosen by SarahKennedy
SarahKennedySarahKennedy
Found the answer! The Community users needed to be assigned the managed package license. Things worked fine in sandboxes because when a sandbox is created from a production organization, the licenses associated with the active managed packages are treated as site licenses.

Thank you, Agustina.

All Answers

Agustina GarciaAgustina Garcia
Have you double check Field Level Security (https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=users_fields_fls.htm&type=0) on the object? It sounds you have checked all steps and seems to be right but was wondering about FLS. It happens to me that after deploying code into my org if the deploy does not create permission sets that includes the FLS in the org, then I have to enabled it manually.

Let me know if this does not work.

Agustina
SarahKennedySarahKennedy
Thanks. I have checked many times trying to figure this out. The odd thing is this is only for fields from a managed package. And only in Communities (3 of them). And only in the Production org.
Agustina GarciaAgustina Garcia
Did it work? Sorry, per your answer it is not clear for me.

Does the object include more fields? Yes, it is weird. My advice is to create a Permission Set that include this FLS for these objects in add it to the package.
SarahKennedySarahKennedy
Found the answer! The Community users needed to be assigned the managed package license. Things worked fine in sandboxes because when a sandbox is created from a production organization, the licenses associated with the active managed packages are treated as site licenses.

Thank you, Agustina.
This was selected as the best answer