function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tamojita GuhasarkarTamojita Guhasarkar 

How to restrict users to view only his records where OWD is set to Public read only?

Hello All , 
For my Organization , for an Object the OWD is set to Public Read Only.I have total 2000 users.Now I want for only 10 users to be able to see only their own records , but others should be able to view each other records. Can it be achieved w/o changing the OWD ? Please help.

Thanks,
Tanoy
Best Answer chosen by Tamojita Guhasarkar
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Hi Tanny,

If I am understanding correctly, data .out of 2000 users only 10 users wanted to see their own data.other can able to see each other's data as well.

Step 1: Make Object as private ( uncheck grant access using hierarchies )  
Step 2: Create a Public group with other than those ten users and implement Criteria-based sharing. 

Thanks ,
Raj

All Answers

Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Hi Tanny,

If I am understanding correctly, data .out of 2000 users only 10 users wanted to see their own data.other can able to see each other's data as well.

Step 1: Make Object as private ( uncheck grant access using hierarchies )  
Step 2: Create a Public group with other than those ten users and implement Criteria-based sharing. 

Thanks ,
Raj
This was selected as the best answer
Hi Raj ,

Thanks for your response. Yes, by changing the OWD its easy . But the question is can it be done without Changing the OWD?
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
HI Tanny, 

I think you can't do it completely as per my understanding.  You can override the View Of Object with a visualforce page.  if the record owner is not on the list of that ten user then redirect to the view of object record else through a visualforce page with the error .

but with this approach users can able to see the data from the reports and look up etc. 

Thanks ,
Raj

Hi Raj ,

Thanks for your response. i got my answer.

Thanks,
Tanoy