function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Abhishek Kumar 149Abhishek Kumar 149 

How to update case object through email.

RKSalesforceRKSalesforce
We can achieve this by using Email-To-Case salesforce standard functionlity.

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=customizesupport_enabling_email_to_case.htm&language=en_US&type=0

Please let me know if it helps.

Regards,
Ramakant
This will create new case but in my case i want to update the existing case through coming email.

RKSalesforceRKSalesforce
please explain your requiremnt
We are Integrating Salesforce With Pega. We create a case in Saleforce and then the case will be sent to Pega. Pega will create a Case in their system and store the Salesforce ID in the field.  Pega Sends an Email to Salesforce if Pega needs some clarification of the salesforce case, The email body and the atttachment in the email body should be Updated in the Salesforce Case
we have an External System Pega, Case created in Pega wil have a field consisting relevant caseID in Salesforrce. Whenever Pega sends email to customer, it also sends to Salesforce. In Salesforce System we have to Update the case Record of the Email Body in a field in Salesforce and we have to attach the Attached Documents in the email to Salesforce Attachements.
we have an External System Pega, Case created in Pega wil have a field consisting relevant caseID in Salesforrce. Whenever Pega sends email to customer, it also sends to Salesforce. In Salesforce System we have to Update the Email Body in a field in Salesforce and we have to attach the Attached Documents in the email to Salesforce Attachements.
Arun_KharbArun_Kharb
Hi Abhishek,
It seems you have a requirement of parsing the data of mail body and updating things in salesforce.
To achieve this you can try out Email Services, where you can perform operation on an Inbound Email.
FYR-
https://developer.salesforce.com/page/An_Introduction_To_Email_Services_on_Force.com

Please mark this as solution by selecting it as best answer if this solves your problem, So that if anyone has this issue this post can help.
Ajay K DubediAjay K Dubedi
Hi Abhishek,

This is doable via Workflow rule.I have created two separate workflow rules: first workflow for incoming emails and second workflow for outgoing emails, i.e you can create a workflow rule so that an email marked as "Is Incoming" changes the case's Status from an existing specific value to a new case status value.
Please follow the below process created based on the request:

For an Email Message sent from within the Case record:

1.Create workflow rule selecting the following object "Email Message"
2.Rule Name i.e: Email message sent
3.Evaluation Criteria: "When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria."
4.Rule Criteria: Email Message Status - EQUALS - Sent
5.Create an Immediate workflow actions with the Field Update Detail set as:
  • Object: Email Message
  • Field to Update: Case: Status
  • New Field Value: Waiting on Customer or any other value.
For an Email Message received (Reply from Customer):

1.Create workflow rule selecting the following object "Email Message"
2.Rule Name i.e: Email message received
3.Evaluation Criteria: "When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria."
4.Rule Criteria: (Email Message: Is Incoming - EQUALS - True) AND (Email Message: Status - EQUALS - New)
5.Create an Immediate workflow actions with the Field Update Detail set as:
  • Object: Email Message"
  • Field to Update: Case: Status"
  • New Field Value: "Prior" or any other value.
Note: Email Message object will only appear on Workflows if Email-to-Case or On-Demand Email-to-Case is enabled. This is applicable to Case object only.

Regards,
Ajay
Gopala Karthigai Selvan MurugesanGopala Karthigai Selvan Murugesan
Hi Abhishek,

Could you please shed some light on how did you approach this functionality? We have a similar requirement.

Thanks,
Gopal