function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Roberto CialfiRoberto Cialfi 

Change header of standard object

Hi guys,

I am trying to understand if is possible to change the header of a standard object. In my case, I want to change "Case Detail" in the Case standard object. Thank you for your help. Rob

Header change

Rahul KumarRahul Kumar (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Roberto Cialfi,

In order to include the header/footer in your standard object page like Account/Opportunity, there are two ways: 

a) Create a VF page of the same controller for which you want the functionality. For eg, if I am trying to include the VF page on Account, probably, the VF page will contain the code like 

<apex:page standardController="Account">
  • Then go to Accounts, select any account and click on Edit Layout on the top right side. You will get an option to add Visual Force Pages. You can drag and drop the VF page anywhere between the fields on the page as per your requirement. Adjust the properties like height/width from the wrench icon on the top right side of the VF page once dropped. 

b) You need to create a custom VF page which will contain the complete functionality and fields of the standard object and then override the complete standard object with that VF page. 

In both methods above, you can include your custom coding in the VF pages and implement them.

Please check the below link for reference. I hope it will be helpful.

BestRegards
RahulKumar