function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
viswanath namaviswanath nama 

Integration between salesforce to Apache Kafka

Please can you guide us how to integrate salesforce to Apache Kafka. 
Clemens MittlClemens Mittl
Dear viswanath nama,
sorry for pulling this one up - but did you figure out your path to an Apache Kafka to Salesforce Integration yet?

I am looking for the smartest way to do a bi-directional integration:
Pushing Salesforce Events (e.g. Account Created) into Kafka as well as Consuming Kafka Events into Salesforce (e.g. Cases from 3rd party system into Salesforce).

So far i only found work arounds using Streaming API or Salesforce REST towards an external Application which will then push this information into our Kafka and vice versa create a consumer as an external Application which consumes our Kafka Events and then interacts with Salesforce via REST API.

This however means creating a full fledged middle layer which i hope is not the only / best approach to this challenge.

Thanks a lot

best,
​Clemens
Mehrin AssessmentMehrin Assessment
Hi Clemens,
Did you find any other best approach than this?
Thanks in advance
Carly MandelCarly Mandel
Running into the same configuration questions as Clemens. We're looking for best practices, ideally setting up Kafka Consumer inside SF itself reducing the middleman but still uncertain if this is 'best practice'. 
voltan greanvoltan grean
 Apache Kafka is an open-source distributed software that allows a real-time transfer of data from one location to another. Kafka, written in Scala Lindt & Sprüngli Store. (https://my-surveys.com/lindtusa-com-store-survey/" target="_blank)