function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Justin DiGraziaJustin DiGrazia 

Mars Rover Trailhead Issue - Somewhere over the rainbow

When attempting to complete the last step in the trailhead Mars Rover the first instruction is incorrect.  There is no "Communications" when you click on the 9 dots.  Even then, I generated 2 records and it fails with this error message:

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Could not find a record in the Communications object. Ensure that you insert at least one record before attempting this challenge.

The issue is that in module 2 it says generate an object called commuication, not communications.
Erica SErica S
I had the same issue -- there is no Communications or Communication option in the 9-dot icon. 

Under Object Manager --> Buttons, Links and Actions, Communications Tab is set to Tab, which is a problem because I did not create a tab in step 5 of Create the Custom Object, because the Tab Wizard does not exist. (This page validated even though I skipped this step).

I found the answer here (https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000kD7RIAU): I searched for Tabs, create a Custom Object tab (don't create any of the others; just create Custom Object Tab). Make sure the API name is Communication__c  (I had changed it to Communications__c while troubleshooting, and this caused a failure when I tested the link.)

Go back to the 9-icon, and look for Communications, which should populate as a text button at the bottom of the page. The rest of the instructions should work from this point.

Timothy JoeTimothy Joe
Thank you!!!!