function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Charlie NymanCharlie Nyman 

Does a Lightning Call Center have to use apex?

I have written a call center that works in Salesforce Classic and it does not use apex. I understand that some function calls are different between Classic and Lightning, but aside from that kind of difference, does a Lightning call center have to be in apex or not? Because, of course, if it doesn't have to use apex, it would be a lot easier for me to modify my call center to work in Lightning.
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Charlie,

It depends on what kind of features you have used to develop a call center in salesforce classic.The reason is there are few features which work both in salesforce classic and lightning.And there are also some features which work only in classic and some only in lightning.

Thanks,
Nagendra.
To simplify the situation, right now I'm just trying to get the sample html page provided by SF here, https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_cti.meta/api_cti/sforce_api_cti_sample_js.htm, to work, hosted from my own test environment. In Call Center Setup I set the adapter URL to localhost and run the call center locally. That works fine for my SF Classic call center, so I'm hoping it will be a workable test solution for a Lightning call center. The html does render in the call center iframe, but I get this error:

VM9656 opencti_min.js:1 Uncaught Failed to initialize Open CTI. Ensure that it is loaded from the right frame with correct URL parameters.

In my code I reference opencti_min.js in my org's path. I can test this is right by pasting the URL I use in my code into a browser and it opens the .js file as expected.

Abdeltif NouqratAbdeltif Nouqrat
Hi Charlie Nyman,

I'am facing exactly the same issue. Did you find any solution for this "blocking point" ?
Your answer will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Abdeltif
Sadly, no. Good luck in your search.