function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rick_93Rick_93 

Deploy Napili Communities using Changeset

Hi all,

I'm trying to deploy my Napili community from a sandbox to another.

I've followed the steps in this guide: http://blogs.perficient.com/salesforce/2015/12/22/deploy-community-builder-templates-in-3-simple-steps/.

This procedure does not take the changes made to the Navigation Menu.

Can I move also the navigation menu between the sadboxes, or I have to add manually the menu Item to the navigation menu?

Thanks in advance
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Rick,

May I suggest you please try with below deployment method.

Step 1: Use change sets to move all custom lightning components you are referencing in the community from the sandbox to production, as well as any metadata that you set up outside of the Community Builder (welcome email templates, workflow rules, profiles, permission sets, etc). If you skip this step, it will still allow you to deploy the community and will appear to be successful, but you will see an internal server error in the Community Builder and will not be able to make any updates until you have moved the missing components into production. I highly recommend creating a deployment template and filling it in as you build your community to ensure nothing is forgotten at the time of deployment; it is an important part of our methodology at Perficient and ensures smooth deployments.Export This Site in Site.com Studio.

Step 2: From your sandbox, navigate to the Site.com Studio and locate the toolbar. Click the arrow next to the widget icon and select to ‘Export This Site’ from the sandbox. Then go into production and create a new community, selecting the same version of the template; going from a Spring ’16 Napili template in the sandbox and moving Winter ’16 production environment will not work. You need to go from Winter’ 16 in the sandbox to Winter ’16 in production. All customization performed inside the Community Builder will move over.

Step 3: Go to the Community Management console and update your administrative settings, topics, moderation criteria, etc. as these do not carry over automatically.

Please let us know if this helps.

Best Regards,
Nagendra.