function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Cha YangCha Yang 

How to a create a workflow update a field?

I have two date fields called Date Sued. One in Opportunity and one in a Custon Object called Case. All I need is to show the Date Sued on the Opportunity page if someone enter Date Sued on the Case page. I would like to be able to edit the date on the case page. I tried a formula on the Opportunity page but it's blank. Looks like Workflow would work. Please someone help. Thanks! 

RKSalesforceRKSalesforce
Hi,

What is the relationship between Opportunity and Custom Case__c object? Cross object field update is possible only in one scenario i.e. Case__c is child and Opportunity is Master and relationship is Master Detail.

Please let me know if it helps.

Regards,
Ramakant
Vivian Charlie 1208Vivian Charlie 1208

Hi Cha Yang?

What is the relationship between Case and Opportunity?

1. If Case is the parent and Opportunity is the child, then you can create a formula fields (return type date) on Opportunity that will display Case Date Sued value

2. If Opportunity is the parent and Case is the child then which child record's value would you like to display in case there are multiple childs records? If you need the most recent or oldest record then Opportunity and Case must have a Master - Detail relationship for you to be able to create a rollup summary field on Opportunity to aggregate Max/Min (CreatedDate)

Thanks

Vivian