function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Dan CarsonDan Carson 

In the final step of Trailhead (Admin Beginner/Reports and Dashboards, how do we get the

In following the instructions of the last step of Reports and Dashboards and many examples noted, when I access the App exchange to download the Salesforce Adoption Dashboard, it only gives me the options to load it in "Production" or the "Sandbox".  I have no problem completing the task once it loaded in Production; however, when selecting the Check Challenge, the system is obviously looking for the Dashboard in a different location. When trying the process in the Sandbox, the system errors on login.  The window that opens when clicking "Launch your own hands-on org" takes me to a screen that won't permit launching the App Exchange.  Any suggestions?   

Best Answer chosen by Dan Carson
Charisse de BelenCharisse de Belen
You need to change the password for your Trailhead Playground account so you can use those credentials to log into AppExchange.

All Answers

Hi Dan,

1. First, click on the "Launch your hands-on org" button in the challenge. Your Trailhead Playground should open in a new window/tab.
2. Go back to the Trailhead challenge page in the first window/tab and click on the link to install Salesforce Adoption Dashboards. When the page opens, click on the "Get It Now" button. You should see this:
User-added image
If you do not see the log in options, skip to step 4.
3. Click on "Log in to the AppExchange". This should automatically log you in using your Trailhead Playground credentials.
4. Click on "Install in production".
5. Check the USER NAME field to make sure you are logged into the correct org. For example, if the domain for your Trailhead Playground org is "brave-raccoon-012345-dev-ed.mysalesforce.com", then the username shown should be "your-username@brave-raccoon-012345.com".
User-added image
If this is not the case, then log out of AppExchange and log back in with the username/password for your Trailhead Playground, which is different from the username/password you use to log into Trailhead.
6. If you are sure you are logged into the correct developer org, then go ahead and install the package.
7. Back in your Trailhead Playground, if you go to Setup > Installed Packages, the Salesforce Adoption Dashboards package should be listed, and you can continue with the challenge.

I hope this helps!
Dan CarsonDan Carson
Steps 1 thru 4 I can confirm. 
The pictures that you pasted did not come thru this email. 

Step 5 I always have logged in using my Salesforce user credentials.  If I were to log out and back in as the brave-badger-****  I don’t recall setting up any credentials.
I should be able to compete 7 once getting the org set up.  Can you help me with step 5?  Still very confusing.

In your dev org, go to Setup > Users. Click on the checkbox next to your username, and then click on the button that says "Reset Password(s)". This should send you an email to generate a new password. You can then use this username and password to log into AppExchange.
Dan CarsonDan Carson
Please clarify which user passcode needs to be changed. 1. Regular Salesforce loggin from production 2. Brave-badger*****.com loggin trail head playground
You need to change the password for your Trailhead Playground account so you can use those credentials to log into AppExchange.
This was selected as the best answer
Dan CarsonDan Carson
Charisse, In my attempt to change password on Trailhead account, I get error original passcode is incorrect…. And when given option to use Saleforce login, it don’t work either.
You do not want to click on the user and then the "Change Password" button. Instead, you want to click on the checkbox next to the user, and then press the "Reset Password(s)" button above the list of users.
Dan CarsonDan Carson
This is completed now..... but by far the most confusing of the modules on this trail.  Thanks for your help.  
You are very welcome! Yes, installing packages can be complicated. But I'm glad you got it to work. When you get the chance, please select a Best Answer so this question can be marked as Solved.
Kaushal GhataliaKaushal Ghatalia
Hi,
In the final "Install AppExchange Packages (Also Like a Superhero)" stage i have installed the AppExchange Package "Salesforce Adoption Dashboards" but when i click on "Check the Challenge" i get below error:

The Appexchange Package "Salesforce Adoption Dashboards" is not installed.

Please let me know what to do next to achieve this Module completion.

Thanks & Regards,
Kaushal Ghatalia.