function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sfdeveloper12sfdeveloper12 

I want to make Account Object "Read only" and three fields in that object editable. All other will be "Read only". How is this possible?

Hello,

I want to give read only permission to the "Account" object. Similarly i want to make "Account " fields read only. Only 3 fields in account object should be editable. I have clone the Salesforce Admin profile. Then Gave only read only access to the object and 3 feilds are editable other all remaining fields are editable. But In my case when object is read only then all fields become read only and if i give object edit permission then all fields become editable. I am not getting what to do. I have given permission set to make those 3 field raed only and assigned user to them
Please anyone know the correct solution reply as soon as possible. I need to resolve this issue immediately

Thanks & Best Regards,
Satakshi
Best Answer chosen by sfdeveloper12
Anurag SaxenaAnurag Saxena
Hi Utkarsha,

Please provide the edit access in permission set and after that go to account fields and do the following for each field you want to make read-only.

Go to the Field accessibility page of a field and click on the editable option in front of the profile in which you want the field should be read only or do for all.

After this click on the editable option as per your profile selection or do it for all.

User-added image

now click on the read-only checkbox and save.

Try and let me know 

All Answers

Hi Satakshi,

For this Scenario

Please follow below-mentioned Steps:

1.For account changed the OWD Settings to Public Read-only.

2.Create a permission set and provide the permission for the fields as per your requirement.

3.Assign the permission set to the users

Hope it will help you

Please choose as the best answer.

Thanks

Hello Anurag,

Its still not working

Thanks & Best Regards,
Satakshi
could you please let me know what's the issue ?

I have implemented this in my org it's working

Please follow below-mentioned Steps:

1.Go to the profile and give only read access to account object.

2.Create a permission set and provide the permission for the fields as per your requirement.

3.Assign the permission set to the users

4.Go to accounts>fields

5 .click on the field which you want to make read-only

6.click on Field accessibility Button

7.make the field read only in front of required profile 

Hope it will help you

Please choose as the best answer.

Thanks
Fields are read only but i want to make some fields editable. But editable fields are also read only Thanks & Regards, satakshi
Did you gave edit access in the permission set?

no. If i give edit access it is applicable for all fields Thanks & Regards, Utkarsha Patil
Hi Utkarsha,

Please provide the edit access in permission set and after that go to account fields and do the following for each field you want to make read-only.

Go to the Field accessibility page of a field and click on the editable option in front of the profile in which you want the field should be read only or do for all.

After this click on the editable option as per your profile selection or do it for all.

User-added image

now click on the read-only checkbox and save.

Try and let me know 

This was selected as the best answer
Thanks Anurag, Its Working.. Thanks & Regards, Utkarsha Patil
welcome :)

Please choose as best answer