function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
System User 62System User 62 

Error while deploying picklist field dependencies

Hi All,

I am trying to change the field dependencies between a controlling and dependent picklist. Basically, I am removing some of the dependent picklist values for some controlling picklist values. All that works fine untill I try to deploy that using Jenkins. I get the below error while tryin to deploy the same:

objects/TransAm_Application__c.object (TransAm_Application__c.TransAm_Driver_Sub_Type__c) -- Error: An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1223707358-22033 (907326622) (line 874, column 12)
 Can anybody please help with this?
Rahul KumarRahul Kumar (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi System,

Dependency limitations
Before defining a dependency, make sure that your picklist has at least one value. Standard fields like Product Family do not contain values until you add them.
If a standard controlling field relies on functionality that your organization decides to disable, the dependency rules for the picklist go away. For example, if your organization disables the Self-Service portal and theClosed by Self-Service User is a controlling field, its dependent picklist displays all available values.
If you replace a parent value in a controlling picklist, the picklist dependency is lost. After replacing the parent value, re-create the dependency using the new parent value.

https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/147545/changeset-issue-cant-we-deploy-picklist-in-changeset

Best Regards
Rahul Kumar