function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rocio VivancoRocio Vivanco 

Can the functionality of singleMail.setSaveAsActivity be replaced with a workflow or process builder?

Hi all,

unfortunately I couldn't find any possible workaround to this:

our client would like to get tracked every possible detail about the email sent to their students, that means, who was the recipient, who was the sender, body content of the email.

I know this can be done with the method singleMail.setSaveAsActivity(true) if you use apex.

As I would like to avoid to use too much code and send the emails via a workflow or process builder, I was wondering if what the setSaveAsActivity does, is possible with a workflow or a process via process builder.

I would appreciate your answers. This is pretty urgent as we have to finish this task soon and we don't have any developers as ressources at the moment :( (HELP NEEDED, GUYS).
Deepak Maheshwari 7Deepak Maheshwari 7

Hi Rocio,

Hi we can achieve this by creating a task through workflow with the status as "Completed".

It directly goes to Activity History section.

Thanks

Deepak

Rocio VivancoRocio Vivanco
Hi Deepak. I have been using your mentioned approach, but the task doesn't register the sender of the email, the recipient and the body content, it only can say "Email was sent", nothing else, and that is not what I am looking for...