function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
David BeaumontDavid Beaumont 

I am doing a challenge in Trailhead and I am geeting an error on the challenge. How do I know if I am using a Record types for the Contact object?

Anurag SaxenaAnurag Saxena
Hi David,

To check the record type on contact follow the below steps

1.Go to setup
2.Type Contact in search box
3.Select record type below the field and other options
4.now you can easily check that you have record type on contact or not.

Hope it will help you 

Thanks

Thank you for your help. I checked this and I am not using record types. I am not sure why I am not able to have this challenge complete. Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: The 'Phone Numbers' section was not found, or it was empty. If you believe that you have set this up properly and are still having problems, ensure that you are NOT using Record types for the Contact object. This challenge will not work with Record types so you will need to sign up for a new DE org and use that instead for this module. I do have the information in the Phone Number layout. What am I missing here? To pass this challenge, add a new section 'Phone Numbers' to the default 'Contact Layout'. Add the Phone, Mobile, Home Phone, Other Phone, and Fax fields to this new section. - The 'Contact layout' Page Layout should have a new section named 'Phone Numbers'. - The 'Phone Numbers' section should include the 'Phone', 'Mobile', 'Home Phone', 'Other Phone', and 'Fax' fields. David
Hi David,

To pass this challenge, add a new section 'Phone Numbers' to the default 'Contact Layout'. Add the Phone, Mobile, Home Phone, Other Phone, and Fax fields to this new section.
-->The 'Contact layout' Page Layout should have a new section named 'Phone Numbers'.
-->The 'Phone Numbers' section should include the 'Phone', 'Mobile', 'Home Phone', 'Other Phone', and 'Fax' fields.

GO to contact page layout

User-added image

Make sure your section name should be same as here and all the fields in this sections are standard contact fields.

Cross verify all the steps

let me know what happens?

Thanks
Anurag, Thank you so much for your help. In your last reply was there an image to go along with you reply? It didn't come across if there was one. David
Hi David,

Once you edit the contact layout you will get this layout

let me know if you have any issue

Thanks
Hello Anurag: I have attached the screen shot of what I have. I am still getting the error.
I just wanted to follow up on my last message.