function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tolby HuntTolby Hunt 

Timer when a lead is created to contacted

Hello! I need a timer that tracks the minutes it takes for my workers to contact a lead. So the thought i had was a workflow that only happens once they change a field to "Contacted" that would update a field with        NOW() - DATETIMEVALUE( CreatedDate ). For some reason i cannot get it to work. It displays the counter as 0 every time.
Best Answer chosen by Tolby Hunt
Nayana KNayana K
FLOOR((NOW()-CreatedDate)*1440)
Above piece can work for you I think.

Please check below post to get some idea.
https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000gkp8AAA

All Answers

Nayana KNayana K
FLOOR((NOW()-CreatedDate)*1440)
Above piece can work for you I think.

Please check below post to get some idea.
https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000gkp8AAA
This was selected as the best answer
jigarshahjigarshah
Tolby,

When do you need the timer to execute? Do you want to track the duration that your sales reps take to contact the Lead from the time, they start working on them or since, the Lead is created within your Salesforce instance. Are you trying to measure the TTR (Time To Response) for Leads for the initial response? If that is the case the above formula will work.

However, if you intend to track their productivity or evaluate the effectiveness in responding to a Lead once the Sales Rep starts working on them, which I believe which would be the actual measure you can use the followign approach

1.   Create 2 Date Time fields on your Lead object
      - Lead Assigned On
      - Lead Contacted On

2.  Write 2 workflow rules with the field update actions
     - One that executes when the Lead.Status = "Open - Not Contacted" updates the Lead Assigned On field
     - Another that executes when the Lead.Status = "Working - Contacted" updates the Lead Contacted On field

3. You can then create a Formula field in a Summary Report using the Reports tab to compute the following
    - Duration for Initial Lead Response = (Lead Contacted On - Lead Assigned On)*1440 in mins. for every Lead
    - Avg Initial Response Time = AVG (Duration for Initial Lead Response)

4. You could also use this report as an evaluation score card for your Sales Reps if you sort this report in descending order by Duration for Initial Lead Response to identify your Top 5 productive Sales Reps.

Please do not forget to mark this thread as SOLVED and answer as the BEST ANSWER if it helps address your issue.
Tolby HuntTolby Hunt
@Nayana K  I am still just getting a 0 and not an accurate time.
Tolby HuntTolby Hunt
I got it to work thank you!