function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Siva Sankar PaluriSiva Sankar Paluri 

Extracting using data loader

Hi,

On Account object i have almost 1 Lakh records, now i want to update few fields for 5000 records.And in .csv file i don't have salesforce 15 digit ID. Is there any way to extract those 500 records only along with Salesforce ID.

Thank you!
Siva Paluri
Manohar kumarManohar kumar

Hi Shiva, 

Is there any chance you can do this via script ? How do you specify which records to update in salesforce account with your excel.

Thnaks,
Manohar 

Hi Manohar, On account I have a unique ID, while preparing the .csv file I made this as reference without having SFDC ID. But without ID we cannot update right!!! So this is the issue. Regards Thank you! Siva S Paluri 9494789480
Manohar kumarManohar kumar

Ok so you have this unique id in salesforce also right ? extract that unique id with SFDC ID in one excel. Then match  those excel to get to get SFDC ID. Then update. Yes, you cannot update without id. 

There could be an another way, create a temp object in salesforce with the field you want to update and with your unique id. Write a script to match that unique id with the account and update the fields. Let me know if this works. 

Thanks,
Manohar

Hi Manohar, To extract ID with unique ID , I need to give the unique ID in where condition. Adding 5000 UID in query would help here or I need to do extract of all 1 Lakh Records and after need to perform VLOOKUP in Excel. It would be great if Salesforce can add an option in Dataloader where in we can use .csv for giving many UID's in "where" condition. Anyhow thanks for the feedback. Regards Thank you! Siva S Paluri 9494789480