function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tolby HuntTolby Hunt 

Automatic underwriting

Hello, my company wants to create an automatic underwriting tool that they can use with our opportunities credit reports. We want it as accurate as possible. I have tried setting up flows/workflows/process builders to create it but everything i have tried breaks for some reason. We have custom objects of and fields of
  1. Credit Weakness
    1. Credit Weakness Name(Text Field)
    2. Date Opened/Date Occured (Date Field)
    3. Days Late (Number Field)
    4. Amt Owed (Number Field)
  2. Credit Inquiries
    1. Credit Inquiry Name(Text)
    2. Date Of Inquiry(Date)
  3. Revolving Accounts
    1. Revolving Acct Name(Text)
    2. Balance(Number)
    3. Limit(Number)
    4. Paid(Number)
  4. Strong Accts
    1. Strong Acct Name(Text)
    2. Date Opened(Date)
    3. Balance(Number)
    4. Limit(Number)
  5. Credit Card Available Spend
    1. CC Avbl Spend Name(Text)
    2. Date Opened(Date)
    3. Balance(Number)
    4. Limit(Number)
with a master relationship to the Opportunity. If something is derrogatory then it changes another field to declined.
I have a list of rules that it needs to check for.

All Opportunity leads come in with a “client qualifies” default and then the system runs through the reasons for it to be declined.
If this, then Stage is “Declined”
If there is 2 or more 30 day lates in the last 12 months then the stage is changed to “Declined”
If there is 3 or more 30 day lates in the last 24 months then the stage is changed to “Declined.”
If there is 2 or more 60 day lates in the last 24 months then “Declined”
If there are any 90, 120 day or worse late payments in the last 24 months then “Declined.”
If there are collections or charge offs over $2,000 that are still open then “Declined.”credit weakness
If there is any kind of bankruptcy in the public records dated within the last 60 months then “Declined.”
If there are any open, unpaid tax liens or judgements on the public records then “Declined.”
If client has more than 6 inquiries on Experian, 6 inquiries on Equifax then “Declined”
If there are any “Revolving Accounts Above 45% Limit” then the stage should be automatically changed to “Needs paydowns”
If there is an unpaid collection or charge-off of 500 dollars or more within the past 6 months then “Declined”
If your Experian score is below 580 then “Declined.”
If you don’t have any “Strong Accounts” then “Declined.”
If you have 5 or more new “Revolving” accounts opened within the past year then “Declined.”

If anyone can help me think of a solution thatd be great.

Thanks!
Hemant_SoniHemant_Soni
Hi Tolby,
We can achive this whole functionality with trigger.But one thing i have to say it is not simple as we think but you can achive this with trigger.If you need support in this then we can connect on skype.
Thanks
Hemant
Tolby HuntTolby Hunt
So youre saying build an Apex trigger to check all of this information?
Hemant_SoniHemant_Soni
Yes you need to write trigger to check all your conditions.
Thanks
Hemant
Tolby HuntTolby Hunt
Would it be best to do a case statement? Could you give me an example?
Hemant_SoniHemant_Soni
Hi Tolby,
According to your requirement i dont have any example i also need do this but it is complex and time taking process.And i have several question regarding your requirement so i am not able to prepare a example.So what we can do we need to connect with each other and see what we can do about your requirement.
Thanks
Hemant
Tolby HuntTolby Hunt
Yes I would love to connect and see what we can do.

Thanks!
Hemant_SoniHemant_Soni
Hi Tolby,
So you can connect me on skype id.My skype id is "sonihemant26".
Thanks
Hemant

Tolby HuntTolby Hunt
Okay i added you.