function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jeremy Whittington 9Jeremy Whittington 9 

Einstein Intent Language: Trainer process failed to complete

I have created a data set and uploaded it successfully to the einstein API's. But when I try to train I get the error "Trainer process failed to complete" and I dont see any way to get more details about why its faililng.

Here is a sample of the data ive uploaded.
"  Borrower added on 12/22/11 > I need to upgrade my business technologies.<br>","Fully Paid"
"  Borrower added on 12/13/11 > Pay off my credit card, finish my house to refinance,appraised two years ago at $200.000 from an appraiser, <br>","Charged Off"
Here are the calls ive made:
curl -X POST -H "Authorization: Bearer <TOKEN>" -H "Cache-Control: no-cache" -H "Content-Type: multipart/form-data" -F "path=<URL>" -F "type=text-intent"  https://api.einstein.ai/v2/language/datasets/upload -k

{"id":1011898,"name":"loan_prepped.csv; filename*=UTF-8''loan_prepped.csv","createdAt":"2017-09-03T16:44:55.000+0000","updatedAt":"2017-09-03T16:44:55.000+0000","labelSummary":{"labels":[]},"totalExamples":0,"available":false,"statusMsg":"UPLOADING","type":"text-intent","object":"dataset"}

curl -X POST -H "Authorization: Bearer <TOKEN>" -H "Cache-Control: no-cache" -H "Content-Type: multipart/form-data" -F "name=Case Status Model" -F "datasetId=1011898" -F "trainParams={\"trainSplitRatio\":0.7}" https://api.einstein.ai/v2/language/train -k

{"datasetId":1011898,"datasetVersionId":0,"name":"Weather Intent Model","status":"QUEUED","progress":0,"createdAt":"2017-09-03T16:50:43.000+0000","updatedAt":"2017-09-03T16:50:43.000+0000","learningRate":0.0,"epochs":0,"queuePosition":3,"object":"training","modelId":"OPLZANLBXC6ILDY5W5XQVVPUKA","trainParams":{"trainSplitRatio":0.7},"trainStats":null,"modelType":"text-intent"}
And here is the status of the model:
curl -X GET -H "Authorization: Bearer <TOKEN>" -H "Cache-Control: no-cache" https://api.einstein.ai/v2/vision/datasets/1011898/models -k

{"object":"list","data":[{"datasetId":1011898,"datasetVersionId":7273,"name":"Weather Intent Model","status":"FAILED","progress":0.01,"createdAt":"2017-09-03T16:50:43.000+0000","updatedAt":"2017-09-03T16:54:57.000+0000","failureMsg":"Trainer process failed to complete","object":"model","modelId":"OPLZANLBXC6ILDY5W5XQVVPUKA","modelType":"text-intent"}]}
What I would like to know is how to troubleshoot issues? Are there log files somewhere? Any way to enable debug?
Patrick McClellanPatrick McClellan
@Jeremy, did you ever get a this resolved? I'm going through the Trailhead module now (Einstein Intent API Basics, Train the Dataset and Create the Model). I've had a similar hang up where I send the curl command to train and it just hangs... no response. Not sure how to proceed.

BTW, in the sample code above, i notice that you still have the <TOKEN> placeholder. You know you need to insert your Einstein token there? You're showing a response, so I'm assuming you just included <TOKEN> when you posted it.
Patrick McClellanPatrick McClellan
I figured out my own issue. I copied the code from the module, pasted it into my text editor so I could replace the <TOKEN> and datasetId. When I put in the datasetId, the text editor put in a curly " instead of a straight ". Minor issue that killed the process.

Also, important to note that in the next steps -- getting the model status or testing the model, make sure you put in the MODEL ID, not the datasetId. That hung me up for a while too!